Subject: [Adslmib] thoughts on the next vdsl mib draft

From: "Bob Ray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:37:30 -0500

Hi.  

I've been pondering the latest draft and wonder what you guys think
of the following list of possible changes to the -03 draft of the
VDSL MIB and the -01 draft of the HC-TC MIB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  REFERENCE clauses in object definitions need improving to reflect
multiple standards.  Earlier versions referenced only T1E1, but
with ITU and ETSI documents now referenced, need improvements here.
Some of the new objects (added with latest revision) do not have
REFERENCE clauses at all.  

2.  UNITS clauses need to be cleaned up a bit.  For example, some say
"dB", while others say "dBm", some say "milli-seconds" while others
say "ms", some say "byte", others say "octets", etc.  

3.  Consider adding additional TEXTUAL-CONVENTIONs to HC-TC MIB to define 
   15 minute time elaped
   15 minute valid intervals
   15 minute invalid intervals
    1 day time elapsed   (xxx1DayIntervalMoniSecs)
    1 day valid intervals
    1 day invalid intervals

4.  Consider adding additional TEXTUAL-CONVENTIONs to VDSL MIB to
define band number, band start and band stop for the band entry tables.

5.  Possible additional text describing the nature of the band tables
and profiles.  I added some with the -03 draft but it may need more.
As it stands, I think only 3 or 4 people can follow my twisted 
definitions.  If this helped with job security, I'd probably leave it
alone, but we all know it doesn't  :(((((

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Numbers 2 and 3 are straightforward (that is, I can do it without help).
I would dearly like volunteers for numbers 1, 4, and 5.  

Regards,
Bob Ray

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib