Subject: [Adslmib] Notification Objects in VDSL Line MIB

From: "Travis Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:38:04 -0500

Hi,

In the definitions for the notification objects in the VDSL Line MIB, I was
noticing that only the associated counters or status objects for the
notification were included as the variable bindings.  Should the ifIndex and
vdslPhysSide also be included for the offending object?  This would make it
a lot easier for an administrator to track down the errant port especially
on a high port count system.

Thanks,
Travis

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: "Bob Ray" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 14:27:48 -0000

"Travis Levin" <[email-masked]> wrote :

> In the definitions for the notification objects in the VDSL Line MIB, I 
> was noticing that only the associated counters or status objects for the
> notification were included as the variable bindings.  Should the ifIndex 
> and vdslPhysSide also be included for the offending object?  This would 
> make it a lot easier for an administrator to track down the errant port 
> especially on a high port count system.

They are there, as the index for the counter.

Bob Ray
 
-- 
The box said Windows 95 or better - so I installed Linux.