Subject: Re: [Adslmib] Question on VDSL Line Conf. Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:45:24 +0300

Travis,

You're definitely right!

The vdslLineSCMConfProfileTxBandTable should also have the 'unit number' as
an index. That is, the "per band" definitions are indexed by profile, unit
(i.e., VTUC and VTUR) and band number. A unit may use one or two bands (DS1
and DS2 are allocated for the downstream. US1 and US2 are allocated for
upstream). One of the units MAY also use the U0 frequency.
The same applies for the previous table (vdslLineSCMConfProfileTable) too.
It is of course possible to have different number of bands, different frame
format, etc.  per profile and unit. The 'unit number' should be used as a
second index into the table.

Thanks,
Moti Morgenstern

Senior System Engineer
Inovia Telecoms Ltd.
Member of the ECI Telecom group
30 Hasivim St.
Petach Tikva, Israel 49133
Tel.: +972-3-9266258 Fax: +972-3-9268182
e-mail: [email-masked]

                      "Travis Levin"                                                                                                   
                      <tlevin@                 To:      <[email-masked]>                                                             
                      paradyne.com>            cc:                                                                                     
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [Adslmib] Question on VDSL Line Conf. Profile                                  
                      adslmib-admin@                                                                                                   
                      ietf.org                                                                                                         

                      18/09/02 16:37                                                                                                   

Hi,

I had a question about determining SCM transmit band descriptor
configurations for far-end devices using the VDSL Line MIB.
vdslLineConfProfileEntry specifies an upstream and downstream TX speed for
that entry.  But vdslLineSCMConfProfileTxBandTable only specifies the local
side transmit parameters which from a CO would describe the downstream TX
speed.

How can you determine what the remote side transmit parameters are for the
associated upstream speed in the vdslLineConfProfileEntry, and if you
can't,
why is this information omitted?

Thanks,
Travis

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: "Travis Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:16:10 -0500

I agree with your reccomendations.

What is the timeline for the next draft of the VDSL Line MIB?

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 5:45 PM
To: Travis Levin
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Adslmib] Question on VDSL Line Conf. Profile

Travis,

You're definitely right!

Thanks,
Moti Morgenstern

Senior System Engineer
Inovia Telecoms Ltd.

                      "Travis Levin"
                      <tlevin@                 To:      <[email-masked]>
                      paradyne.com>            cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [Adslmib] Question
on VDSL Line Conf. Profile
                      adslmib-admin@
                      ietf.org

                      18/09/02 16:37

Hi,

Thanks,
Travis