Subject: RE: [Adslmib] INDEX objects should be not-accessible [Suggested corrections to Ver 05 draft VDSL-LINE-MIB]

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:57:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

> From: "Bob Ray" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Umberto Bonollo" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Subject: RE: [Adslmib] INDEX objects should be not-accessible  [Suggested corrections to Ver 05 draft VDSL-LINE-MIB]
> Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:53:31 -0600
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
...
> >We suggest the following objects should be marked as "not-accessible" as
> >they are in the INDEX clause and in an agent can number in the several 
> >hundred:
> 
> I would think "not-accessible" is incompatible with "read-create"...
...

Not for indexes.  See RFC 2578 clauses 7.3 and 7.7.

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  SJC-1.3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San José, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: "Bob Ray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:44:56 -0600

>Not for indexes.  See RFC 2578 clauses 7.3 and 7.7.

From clause 7.3:

   If any columnar object in a conceptual row has "read-create" as its
   maximal level of access, then no other columnar object of the same
   conceptual row may have a maximal access of "read-write".  (Note that
   "read-create" is a superset of "read-write".)

And from 7.7:

   The instance identification information in an INDEX clause must
   specify object(s) such that value(s) of those object(s) will
   unambiguously distinguish a conceptual row.  The objects can be
   columnar objects from the same and/or another conceptual table, but
   must not be scalar objects.  

Cool!  It's on the list for the next update.

Bob Ray