Subject: RE: [Adslmib] IfIndex mapping to Physical index ( RFC 3276 and VD SL draf t)?

From: "El Houmaidi, Mounire" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:48:54 -0800

Moti,

I want to thank you for taking your time to answer our question. The use of
the object is understood and i agree with you. 
My question is about the Other MIBS, SHDSL (RFC 3276) and VDSL draft: where
such Object/feature (a hook to a specific MIB as you called it) is
implemented in those MIBs?

Mounire

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 8:14 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; El Houmaidi, Mounire
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Adslmib] IfIndex mapping to Physical entity index ( RFC
3276 and VDSL draf t)?

Mounire,
I'm sorry for omitting an important word in the last sentence: The
proprietary extension can ALSO be used
for providing the type of information you mention but it's NOT its main
purpose.

Moti

                      Moti.Morgenstern

                      @inoviatele.com          To:      "El Houmaidi,
Mounire" <[email-masked]>                   
                      Sent by:                 cc:      [email-masked],
[email-masked]                                       
                      adslmib-admin@           Subject: Re: [Adslmib]
IfIndex mapping to Physical entity index ( RFC 3276 and VDSL     
                      ietf.org                 draf t)?

                      16/01/03 09:05

Hi,

The purpose of adslLineSpecific, as I understand it, is to behave as a hook
for any vendor specific MIB extension. Such an extension can ALSO be used
for providing the type of information you mention but it's its main
purpose.

Best regards,
Moti Morgenstern

Senior System Engineer
Inovia Telecoms Ltd.
Member of the ECI Telecom group
30 Hasivim St.
Petach Tikva, Israel 49133
Tel.: +972-3-9266258 Fax: +972-3-9268182
e-mail: [email-masked]

                      "El Houmaidi,

                      Mounire"                 To:      "'adslmib@
ietf.org'" <[email-masked]>
                      <Mounire.El.Houm         cc:

                      aidi@                    Subject: [Adslmib] IfIndex
mapping to Physical entity index ( RFC 3276 and VDSL draf
                      icn.siemens.com>         t)?

                      Sent by:

                      adslmib-admin@

                      ietf.org

                      15/01/03 20:22

Hello To all,

In RFC 2662 (ADSL), adslLineSpecific under the adslLineTable may be used to
determine shelf/slot/port of the ATUC interface in a DSLAM. This mapping is
important for mapping an IfIndex  to a Physical interface (depending on
implementation) in the entity Physical Table (RFC 2737) or to an enterprise
Table containing the Physical entities.

we don't see that mapping done in RFC 3276  (SHDSL) or VDSL draft. How can
we provide the same feature for SHDSL and VDSL?

Regards

Mounire El Houmaidi
Siemens ICN,Lake Mary , Florida

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib