Subject: [Adslmib] MIB Support for ADSL2 and ADSL2+

From: Clay Sikes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:07:49 -0400

Hi,

Does anyone know the status of updates to the ADSL-LINE-MIB,
ADSL-LINE-EXT-MIB, or any others to support ADSL2 and ADSL2+?

I think the last thing I heard was that the ITU to finalize G.997.1
before the updates could begin. It seems like G.997.1 should be
finalized about now. Miguel can you provide an update on the G.997.1
status?

Thanks,
Clay Sikes
Paradyne Corp.
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: Rajesh Abbi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:28:39 -0400

Hi Clay,

The DSL Forum has just begun work on capturing the requirements as well
as a
protocol independent object model for managing the next generation ADSL
technologies (including ADSL2, ADSL2+...).  This work will be based on
ITU-T
G.997.1bis being finalized now, and is expected to form the basis for
SNMP MIB
definition work to be undertaken by IETF.

Regards,

Rajesh Abbi
Alcatel

---

From: Clay Sikes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:59:11 -0400

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the quick response.
Do you have an idea when something will be available?
If it's in the time frame of months, would it be worth an effort to extend
AdslTransmissionType TC in a draft version of the ADSL-LINE-EXT-MIB to
support the ADSL2 and ADSL2+ in the short term time frame?

Thanks,
Clay Sikes
Paradyne Corp.