Subject: [Adslmib] Re: About configuring line mode in draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl-09

From: Bob Ray <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 May 2003 09:33:04 -0500

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 03:32, Valeria Garello wrote:

> how can you configure the VDSL physical line mode (no channel, fast,
> interleave, fast Or interleave, fast And interleave) ?
> In draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl-09 MIB  there is not an object that can be used
> in read-create mode for that purpose.

The VDSL Line MIB uses ifIndex from the interfaces MIB.  You might
review RFC 2863 and section 2 of draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl-09.

In short, there is no creation of interfaces within the VDSL Line MIB. 
Your agent must also support the interfaces MIB.  When a new VDSL Line
is discovered (i.e. line card insertion, perhaps), the tables in the
interfaces MIB and VDSL Line MIB are updated by your agent.  Note that
your agent will also be expected to provision the line using the default
profile. 

Hope this helps!

Out of curiousity, which Marconi office are you in?  Pittsburg, PA USA?

-- 
Bob Ray <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib