Subject: [Adslmib] Issue with HCTC Perf Interval MIB (and therefore with the VDSL MIB)

From: "Michael Sneed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:06:41 -0500

During the IETF Last Call process there were some concerns expressed in the 
IESG about the HCTC Performance Interval MIB 
(draft-ietf-adslmib-hc-tc-06.txt) that we have recommended to go to Proposed 
Standard.  In a nutshell, the problem is one of alignment of the various 
MIBs that deal with this topic (namely RFC3593 and 2856).

As a result of this discussion, it has been recommended that we change

    - HCPerfTimeElapsed, Gauge32 (0...86399)
    - HCPerfValidIntervals, Gauge32 (0...96)
    - HCPerfInvalidIntervals, Gauge32 (0...96)

to type Integer32.

Does anyone wish to comment on this change before the editors put in in a 
new draft?

_________________________________________________________________
Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus 
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now! 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: Bob Ray <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 09:14:58 -0600

> Does anyone wish to comment on this change before the editors put in in a 

Anyone have an objection?  A chorus of 'No's would be appreciated.  Or at
least one. :) 

Bob

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:29:26 -0800

Hi -

> From: "Bob Ray" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Mike Sneed" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "adslmib mail list" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 7:14 AM
> Subject: Re: [Adslmib] Issue with HCTC Perf Interval MIB (and thereforewith the VDSL MIB)
>

> Anyone have an objection?  A chorus of 'No's would be appreciated.  Or at
...

In the spirit of collaboration, I'll say that I dislike like the proposed change, and
support it *solely* for reasons of compatibility.  The MIB review guidelines make
it pretty clear that Gauge32 would be the preferred data type, given the
semantics.

Randy

---

From: Bob Ray <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Nov 2003 09:29:30 -0600

>     - HCPerfInvalidIntervals, Gauge32 (0...96)

draft-ietf-adslmib-hc-tc-07.txt has been submitted with the above
changes.

-- 
Bob Ray <[email-masked]>