Subject: [Adslmib] WG Review: Recharter of ADSL MIB (adslmib)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:06:49 -0400

A modified charter has been submitted for the ADSL MIB (adslmib) working group
in the Operations and Management Area of the IETF. The IESG has not made any
determination as yet. The modified charter is provided below for informational
purposes only. Please send your comments to the IESG mailing list
([email-masked]) by May 25th.

+++

ADSL MIB (adslmib)
------------------

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Bob Ray <[email-masked]>
Michael Sneed <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>
David Kessens <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Technical Advisor(s):
Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/adslmib/index.html

Description of Working Group:

The working group will define a set of managed objects to be used for
management of newer versions of Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line
(ADSL), called ADSL2 and ADSLplus, as defined in ITU-T Recommendation
G.997.1 (2003) and ITU-T Recommendation G.997.1 Amendment 1 (December
12, 2003). The MIB defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2,
will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will describe
the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such as those
described in other work products of this Working Group, the interfaces
MIB, and the AToM MIB.

The working group will consider the input of the DSL forum and the ITU
in the definition of this MIB.

(New) Goals and Milestones:

[.. dropped all the DONE items for now]

May 05 Initial WG Internet-Draft covering ADSL2 management objects.
June 05 Integrate working group changes and produce revised draft.
Sept 05 Complete WG last call on ADSL2 MIB.
Oct 05 Submit ADSL2 MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard.
Dec 05 Re-charter or close down.

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib