Subject: RE: [Adslmib] Next Generation ADSL (ADSL2) poll

From: "Ray, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:09:52 -0500

Clay Sikes [mailto:[email-masked]] : 

 >When it is ready for comments, I plan to provide input. 
 
That's ONE.  Any more?
 
Bob Ray 
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:11:58 +0300

Hi Bob,

Formally referring to your mail, me and M. Dodge are obviously ready to
contribute to the work.

I was as well as you very disappointed by the extremely low participation
in my presentation, but that doesn't change my opinion. For the sake of
successful migration into ADSL2 a reference MIB published by the IETF is
very much important.

Best regards,
Moti Morgenstern

Senior Systems Engineer
ECI Telecom Ltd.
Broadband Access Division
30 Hasivim St.
Petach Tikva, Israel 49517
Tel.: +972-3-9266258
Fax: +972-3-9287342
Cell: +972-54-5786258
e-mail: [email-masked]
www.ecitele.com

This transmission and any files attached to it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information and is intended only for the named recipient.   If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
re-transmission, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this information
is strictly prohibited.

                      "Ray, Robert"                                                                                                    
                      <RobertRay@pesa.         To:      "ADSL MIB \(E-mail\) \(E-mail\)" <[email-masked]>                            
                      com>                     cc:                                                                                     
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [Adslmib] Next Generation ADSL (ADSL2) poll                                    
                      adslmib-bounces@                                                                                                 
                      ietf.org                                                                                                         

                      08/04/2005 16:10                                                                                                 

Moti and Menechem's draft for ADSL2 is available online at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morgenstern-ngadsl-mib-00.txt

I need a show of hands from the working group community as to who,
is interested in this work, who will contribute to this work, and who plans

on using the product of this work.

Having only three attendees in Minneapolis for Moti's presentation was
not a very convincing display of interest.

Please respond, to the list (not just to me), as soon as you can.

Bob Ray

---

From: PHIL BERGSTRESSER <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:15:26 -0500

Bob,

ADTRAN will be interested in considering the ADSL2 MIB for implementation (Field of Dreams?).

Philip N. Bergstresser
Design Engineer, SNMP NMS
ADTRAN, Inc.
901 Explorer Blvd, 
Huntsville, AL  35806
(256) 963-8399

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Ray, Robert
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 3:15 PM
To: ADSL MIB (E-mail) (E-mail)
Subject: [Adslmib] Next Generation ADSL (ADSL2) poll

In cataloging the responses

(http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/adslmib/current/index.html)

I see:

Moti Morgenstern and Menachem Dodge of ECI Telecom will WORK on the draft.
Umberto Bonollo and Scott Baillie of NEC Australia will WORK on the draft.
Clay Sikes of Paradyne will COMMENT to the draft.

If you plan on implementing the result of the work, even if you don't
comment to the draft or otherwise contribute materially, please speak up
(to the working group list).

Have I missed anyone?  I'll continue gathering names until Friday (April 15)
and then ask the Area Director if we have displayed enough interest to amend
the charter.

Bob Ray

---

From: "Ray, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:59:52 -0500

>ADTRAN will be interested in considering the ADSL2 MIB for implementation (Field of Dreams?).

Thank you, Phil.  I assume this means you will review and comment to the 
draft?  If so, then the current list is:

Moti Morgenstern and Menachem Dodge of ECI Telecom will WORK on the draft.
Umberto Bonollo and Scott Baillie of NEC Australia will WORK on the draft.
Clay Sikes of Paradyne will WORK on the draft.
Phil Bergstresser of ADTRAN will REVIEW the draft.

Anyone else?

Bob Ray

---

From: PHIL BERGSTRESSER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:12:27 -0500

Bob,
    I'm afraid you read more into my statement than was intended. I was
being very literal. I am unable to make any commitment beyond what I said.
Your inference is generous but wrong. We will consider using the MIB as
released, which could be of value for implementation evaluation, but are not
"committing" to support its development.
    Perhaps for some the reference to the movie "Field of Dreams" was
obscure. The subtitle is "If you build it, they will come", referring to the
dream to build a baseball stadium on a rural farm, and the potential for
fans to find it and make the dream a success. That latter aspect is more
like our likely role.

Philip N. Bergstresser

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray, Robert [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:00 AM
To: PHIL BERGSTRESSER; ADSL MIB (E-mail) (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Adslmib] Next Generation ADSL (ADSL2) poll

Anyone else?

Bob Ray

---

From: "Ray, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:40:57 -0500

Duly noted.  Sorry for the confusion.

Bob Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of PHIL BERGSTRESSER
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 11:12 AM
To: ADSL MIB (E-mail) (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Adslmib] Next Generation ADSL (ADSL2) poll

Bob,

Philip N. Bergstresser

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray, Robert [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:00 AM
To: PHIL BERGSTRESSER; ADSL MIB (E-mail) (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Adslmib] Next Generation ADSL (ADSL2) poll

Anyone else?

Bob Ray