Subject: [Adslmib] Query on VDSL Mib

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:09:28 +0530

Hi ,
    At present we are working on the implementation of FaultManagement
for the NE that implemented Standard VDSL MIB.
 
We found the following notification in the VDSL MIB
 
vdslPerfLofsThreshNotification , vdslPerfLossThreshNotification ,
vdslPerfLprsThreshNotification , vdslPerfLolsThreshNotification ,
vdslPerfESsThreshNotification , vdslPerfSESsThreshNotification ,
vdslPerfUASsThreshNotification , vdslDownMaxSnrMgnNotification ,
vdslDownMinSnrMgnNotification vdslUpMaxSnrMgnNotification ,
vdslUpMinSnrMgnNotification , vdslInitFailureNotification 
 
All the notification mentioned above does not have the port index (
ifIndex of VDSL Port) associated to it. How does the management system
know , to which port the notification is associated with?.
 
Could you please reply asap.
 
Cheers
Maheshwaran.G
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: "Clay Sikes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:58:43 -0400

Hi Maheshwaran,

The instance of the of the object in the notification has, by its
definition, the instance of the object.

For example, the vdslPerfLofsThreshNotification has the object
vdslPerfDataCurr15MinLofs .  The vdslPerfDataCurr15MinLofs  object is a
column in the vdslPerfDataTable which is indexed by the ifindex and
vdslPhysSide.  So the notification would be for a particular side of a
specific interface.

i.e. ifIndex.vdslPhysSide.vdslPerfDataCurr15MinLofs.

I hope this helps.

- Clay Sikes

On 7/4/2005 9:39 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

Hi ,

At present we are working on the implementation of
FaultManagement for the NE that implemented Standard VDSL MIB.

vdslPerfLofsThreshNotification ,
vdslPerfLossThreshNotification , vdslPerfLprsThreshNotification ,
vdslPerfLolsThreshNotification , vdslPerfESsThreshNotification ,
vdslPerfSESsThreshNotification , vdslPerfUASsThreshNotification ,
vdslDownMaxSnrMgnNotification , vdslDownMinSnrMgnNotification
vdslUpMaxSnrMgnNotification , vdslUpMinSnrMgnNotification ,
vdslInitFailureNotification

All the notification mentioned above does not have the
port index ( ifIndex of VDSL Port) associated to it. How does the
management system know , to which port the notification is associated
with?.

Cheers

Maheshwaran.G

-- Paradyne Mail --