Subject: [alto] Interop at IETF-81?

From: Robert Varga <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 02:25:55 +0200

Hi everyone,

given the intent of doing interoperability testing during IETF-81 in
Quebec, I think we need to start planning for that. The major question
is which version of the ALTO Protocol draft are we going to standardize
on. With 07 being the last one published, it may be a good target, but
if I understand it correctly, there already are some proposed changes
which mandate an update.

Given the meeting is taking place July 24-29, I propose we decide on the
interop standard by the end of May, which leaves ~5 weeks for publishing
an updated draft (if that is the consensus) and whole 8 weeks for
implementations to converge on it. Would that do as a plan?

Thanks,
Robert

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:07:25 -0500

On 04/21/2011 07:25 PM, Robert Varga wrote:
> Quebec, I think we need to start planning for that. The major
> question is which version of the ALTO Protocol draft are we going to
> standardize on. With 07 being the last one published, it may be a
> good target, but if I understand it correctly, there already are some
> proposed changes which mandate an update.
>
> Given the meeting is taking place July 24-29, I propose we decide on
> the interop standard by the end of May, which leaves ~5 weeks for
> publishing an updated draft (if that is the consensus) and whole 8
> weeks for implementations to converge on it. Would that do as a
> plan?

Robert: Thank you for getting this started.

I do think that it is time to start thinking of the logistics
related to the interop.  Please give me and my co-chairs a
couple of days to ruminate on how we want to move forward.

We will be back with a concrete plan in a day or so.

Regards,

- vijay (on behalf of Enrico and Jon as well).
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/