Subject: [alto] ALTO Interoperability update for IETF-81

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 15:09:14 -0500

Folks: Here is an update on the ALTO interoperability for
IETF-81.

The editor team and the volunteers moving the ALTO protocol
document have been hard at work to get the RESTful version out.
The intent is to use *the new* version for interoperability in
IETF-81.

The plan is to have a new version that includes the RESTful API
out by May 20, 2011.  IETF-81 is July 24-29, 2011.  This gives
implementers about 9 weeks to fine tune their implementations.
We trust that the lag of 9 weeks is good enough to fine-tune
implementations according to the latest specification.

We would really like to thank the editor team and the volunteer
team for a sizeable effort into getting the new version of the
protocol document out.

More information on interoperability scenarios will follow by the
end of June.

Please let us know if there are any questions on the plan
outlined here.

Thank you.