Subject: [alto] Address type in Filtered Network Map queries

From: Robert Varga <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 20:29:26 +0200

Hi everyone,

since we are throwing discussion topics on the list, how about having
the ability for the client to specify which Address Types it is
interested in while executing a request to Map Filtering Service?

That will allow the clients to limit the size of the server response
when the server defines a multitude of address types. This is useful
even with IPv4/IPv6, as v4-only clients just do not care and will just
skip over any v6 addresses they encounter.

>From protocol and implementation perspective it can be easily achieved
by adding an 'AddressType address-types<0..*>' field in
ReqFilteredNetworkMap.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Robert

-- 
Robert Varga
Pantheon Technologies, s.r.o.
Mlynske Nivy 56
831 05 Bratislava

---

From: Richard Alimi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 11:52:05 -0700

Hi Robert,

> by adding an 'AddressType address-types<0..*>' field in

This sounds very reasonable to me.

Rich

> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto
>