Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:23:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ALTO Server Discovery
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
                          Nico Schwan
                          Michael Scharf
                          Haibin Song
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-04.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications, which have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates that are able to provide a desired
   resource.

   Entities seeking guidance need to discover and possibly select an
   ALTO server to ask.  This is called ALTO server discovery.  This memo
   describes an ALTO server discovery mechanism based on several
   alternative mechanisms that are applicable when the resource consumer
   is co-located with the ALTO client.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:30:08 +0200

[writing without AD hat on]
Hi there,

This update of the ALTO server discovery addresses the comments we have 
received during the last meeting, especially to remove the 3rd party 
server discovery and to focus on deployments with DHCP and PPP.

Please note that the 3rd party server discovery part is now documented 
in draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-00.txt
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kist-alto-3pdisc/)

  Martin

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-04.txt
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:23:48 -0700
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
  This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic 
Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
alto mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto

-- 
[email-masked]

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division NEC Europe Limited
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL
Registered in England 283