Subject: [alto] State of the WG

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 09:29:20 -0600

Folks: The mailing list has been awfully quiet.

Presently, we have 3 active I-Ds that are being tracked towards charter
fulfillment:

1. draft-ietf-alto-deployments is in its second WGLC.  The new WGLC ends
  on February 3, 2016.

2. draft-ietf-alto-incr-update-sse appears to be moving along and there
  do not seem to be any stop gap issues that we are aware of.  Authors,
  please inform the WG if there are.

3. draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost is also fairly mature.

It seems reasonable to move 2 and 3 ahead.

Then there are a number of independent submissions dating back to Sep-
Oct 2015 timeframe.  These have not been updated and nor has there been
much discussion on the mailing list.  Some of these submissions are
important for charter deliverables related to graph representation
formats.  Can the authors of the independent submissions kindly
share what their plans are with respect to the drafts?

This will help us gauge whether or not we should meet face-to-face in
Buenos Aires or have an interim meeting before it and meet face-to-face
in Berlin.

Note that while the final plans are still up in the air and subject
to change, there is a good chance that neither Jan or I will be able to
make it to Buenos Aires.  However, if a F2F meeting is desired, it is
important to get a sense of the energy behind the independent drafts,
as the list traffic has been woefully quiet on this front.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Nokia
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq

---

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 10:56:45 -0500

Vijay,

It has been quiet lately indeed. It is a good idea to pick up and finish
the work more actively. See below.

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016, Vijay K. Gurbani <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I do not see any issue here.

> It seems reasonable to move 2 and 3 ahead.
Agree.

> share what their plans are with respect to the drafts?
This is a good idea. I am involved in several of these documents. Due to a
deadline this Friday, several of us who are co-authors are occupied. We
plan to send an update by Wednesday next week.

> as the list traffic has been woefully quiet on this front.
It is a good idea to wait for some updates by mid next week, so that we can
make a good decision.

Cheers,
Richard

> Web:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ect.bell-2Dlabs.com_who_vkg_&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=UIwk8UUV19vpjYNAdywSyyO9_N8kxelmobMRDwVXS6E&s=pUYeIXgaj-NdcC32B3_4OJy8AurZ28M4hKTIoeTpsRM&e=
>  | Calendar:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__goo.gl_x3Ogq&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=UIwk8UUV19vpjYNAdywSyyO9_N8kxelmobMRDwVXS6E&s=ShJT1lT3LVnDLVvZhaNT21QC4wPxkGA1nvCaj8lOhhY&e=
> _______________________________________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_alto&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=UIwk8UUV19vpjYNAdywSyyO9_N8kxelmobMRDwVXS6E&s=k1gzZYX1FbaKq2L_u-KJDAxWX5Buczxos3PF7oLfZNk&e=