Subject: [alto] Adopting draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc as WG item?

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:58:29 -0500

Folks: One of the deliverables on our charter is "Submit alternative
server discovery document."

For a while now, Sebastian has been presenting his work in the form
of draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc [1] that may address this deliverable.

At the Prague IETF where this work was last discussed [2,3], the
understanding was that the WG should start looking at this draft with
an eye towards adopting it as a WG item.

Sebastian has a slot at the Berlin IETF, so Jan and I will like to
take this time to request the WG to kindly read the draft and be
prepared to discuss adopting it as a WG item.  (This will be ratified
on the list after the meeting, of course.)

So, please do spend a few minutes thinking about the draft with respect
to fulfilling the charter deliverable as our meeting approaches.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc-02
[2] https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/minutes/minutes-93-alto
[3] https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/slides/slides-93-alto-10.pdf

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Nokia Networks
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: [email-masked] / [email-masked]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq