Subject: [alto] Rise and shine! What's on tap for ALTO?

From: "Vijay K.Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 15:58:54 -0600

Folks: Hope all of you are well rested and ready to plunge into the
wonderful depths of ALTO in 2017.  Happy new year to all.

Jan and I had a quick sync up on the drafts and the work that
constitutes our deliverables.  Here is the synopsis of the ALTO world
according to Jan and me.  If your view differs from ours, please advise.

Let's get the work moving for the Chicago IETF in March 2017.

0/ Deployment considerations draft is now a RFC (yay!).

1/ At the last f2f meeting (Berlin, Jul 2016) Jan and I had updated the
  milestone dates, which it seems are already out of date, see [1].
  Since the dates we agreed on during Berlin have not yet been posted,
  perhaps Jan and I should revisit them, especially the ones that are
  were due on Oct 2016.  Token: with chairs.

2/ draft-ietf-alto-multicost - WGLC ended on Jul 18 and authors  appear
  to have submitted a new version on Sep-15-2016.  Jan is the shepherd
  for this draft and will move it ahead over the next couple of weeks.
  Token: with Jan (as shepherd).

3/ draft-ietf-alto-incr-update-sse - WGLC ended on Jul 18, 2016.
  Sebastian provided an in-depth review (Thanks, Sebastian).  Authors
  have released -03 on Sep-13-2016.  Next step is shepherd writeup.
  Token: with Vijay (as shepherd).

4/ draft-wu-alto-te-metrics submitted as WG document
  draft-ietf-alto-performance-metrics on Sep-09-2016 (Thanks, Qin).
  Token: with WG (to review draft).

5/ draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc needs to be submitted as a WG item [2].
  Token: with Sebastian (to submit as WG document).

6/ draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar adopted as WG item.
  Token: with WG (to review draft).

7/ ALTO extensions: path vector and routing state abstraction.  No
  movement.  Token: Richard Yang.

8/ Other miscellaneous drafts: NFV+SDN orchestration, blockchain, flow-
  cost service, etc. will be moved ahead by individual contributors
  wherever appropriate.

[1] slide 8,
     https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/96/slides/slides-96-alto-8.pdf
[2] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/alto/current/msg03276.html

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Nokia Networks
Email: [email-masked] / [email-masked]
Web: https://www.bell-labs.com/usr/vijay.gurbani
Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq