Subject: [altoext] Strawman agenda proposal

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 09:14:27 -0600

Folks: Now that the soon-to-be-renamed-altoext BoF has been approved,
it is reasonable to put out a strawman agenda of sorts to focus
contributions appropriately.

Enrico and I put together the following strawman agenda proposal,
knowing well that it will change as we fine tune the description of
the BoF-to-be and figure out the type of extensions will be the most
interesting.

But as a general guidance to the topical issues that will likely
see coverage, here is the first cut of a list of issues.

- Discussion on the need for ALTO extensions
   - Where is ALTO today and why it does not suffice for emerging
     applications
   - What can be reasonably handled in the ALTO WG as extensions
     and what cannot

- High-level use cases driving ALTO extensions
   - Server initiated notifications (pub/sub for ALTO)
   - Federation in ALTO (server-to-server communications)
   - Using ALTO in CDNs
   - Using ALTO in datacenter applications
   - Using ALTO in high bandwidth core networks

- Discussion on next steps (open mic)

Thanks.

Vijay K. Gurbani and Enrico Marocco