Subject: [altoext] IDR Draft in relationship with ALTO/I2AEX: draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-00

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 21:25:57 +0100

Hi all,

There is a draft in the Inter Domain Routing (IDR) WG about "North-Bound 
Distribution of Link-State and TE Information using BGP" 
(draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-00, 
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-00.txt).

Abstract:
    In a number of environments, a component external to a network is
    called upon to perform computations based on the network topology and
    current state of the connections within the network, including
    traffic engineering information.  This is information typically
    distributed by IGP routing protocols within the network

    This document describes a mechanism by which links state and traffic
    engineering information can be collected from networks and shared
    with external components using the BGP routing protocol.  This is
    achieved using a new BGP Network Layer Reachability Information
    (NLRI) encoding format.  The mechanism is applicable to physical and
    virtual links.  The mechanism described is subject to policy control.

    Applications of this technique include Application Layer Traffic
    Optimization (ALTO) servers, and Path Computation Elements (PCEs).

Something probably to be considered when discussing.

   Martin

-- 
[email-masked]

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division NEC Europe Limited
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL
Registered in England 283

---

From: stefano previdi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:24:44 +0100

Hi Martin,

indeed I plan to foster some discussions around this proposal...

s.

On Mar 8, 2012, at 9:25 PM, Martin Stiemerling wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> There is a draft in the Inter Domain Routing (IDR) WG about "North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and TE Information using BGP" (draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-00, http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-00.txt).
> 
> Abstract:
> _______________________________________________
> altoext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/altoext
>