Subject: [altoext] ALTO extension for large bandwidth cases

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:48:01 -0500

Hi

Enclosed is a new version of the draft that discusses large bandwidth use
cases in the core networks.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-bernstein-alto-large-bandwidth-cases-01.txt

Abstract

   This draft describes two generic use-cases that illustrate
   application layer traffic optimization applied to high bandwidth
   core networks.  The type of information and interactions needed to
   perform various optimizations is described. In addition, extensions
   to the existing ALTO protocol are suggested that provide this
   functionality.
The draft discusses:

(a) High bandwidth core network information interface and new constraints
and cost graphs that reflect:
      - maximal reservable bandwidth
      - latency
      - endpoint access network topology consideration (unique to high
bandwidth core networks)
(b) notification interface
(c) reservation interface

Our main focus is (a) while (b) and (c) are brought up to see if there is
enough interest from the group.

We'd appreciate your comments and suggestion.

Thanks,
Young & Greg