Subject: [ANCP] Detailed NAS requirements for ANCP-L2TP interaction

From: "DELAFOY Antoine RD-CORE-LAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:48:58 +0100

Hi all,

Last version of draft-ietf-ancp-framework mentions the two following
high-level requirements in section 4.5.6 regarding the interaction
between ANCP and L2TP in a wholesale context:
- The BNG when acting as a LAC MUST communicate generic access line
related information to the LNS in a timely fashion.
- The BNG when acting as a LAC MAY asynchronously notify the LNS of
updates to generic access line related information.

Besides, the DSLF contribution 2006.547 provided one RFC draft
describing a set of L2TP AVP Vendor Extensions. Among these new AVPs,
some of them are directly related to the access loop characteristics
whereas others, for instance the Connect Speed Update present in the
CSUN control message, could be used either to report the Connect speed
configured in the LAC or the DSL Net Data rate. 

Therefore, the joined document details the need for NAS specifications
and provides related requirements.

Thanks for your comments,

Antoine
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp