Subject: [ANCP] mboned multiaa-framework reflecting the ancp framework draft, request for review

From: Hiroaki Sato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:29:55 +0900

Hi all,

We, the authors of draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-06.txt, revised
our draft and some items refer to the ancp framework draft.
So, we'd like to request for you to review our draft and please comment
on it.

Major changes include:
-two levels of accounting information (start/stop only and plus volume)
-acconting for fast channel change (information merging)
-QoS downgrade (admission control)

thank you,
Hiroaki

---
************************************
NTT Network Service Systems Lab.
Hiroaki Sato
TEL:0422-59-4683 (+81-422-59-4683)
FAX:0422-59-5636 (+81-422-59-5636)
************************************

_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp

---

From: "Maglione Roberta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:43:29 +0100

Hi Hiroaki and All,
	I read the new version of mboned multiaaa-framework draft it
looks good to me, thanks for integrated accounting concepts from ancp
draft.   
I just have quick a comment related to section "4.3 Accounting", here
you talk about Join and Leave messages I think it would be worth to add
in section 2.1 the definitions of  both Join and Leave. I would suggest,
for example, something similar to the definitions that we currently use
in ancp framework draft in section 1.2:

  o  Join: signaling from the user equipment that it wishes to start
      receiving a new multicast flow.  In ASM, it is referred to as a
      "Join".  In SSM [RFC4607], it is referred to as a "subscribe".  In
      IGMPv2, "joins" are indicated through an "IGMPv2 membership
      report".  In IGMPv3 [RFC3376], "join" are indicated through
      "membership report" using different Filter-Mode-Change (ASM) and
      Source-List-Change Records.

   o  Leave: signaling from the user equipment that it wishes to stop
      receiving a multicast flow.  With IGMPv2 this is conveyed inside
      the "Leave Group" message while in IGMPv3, "leave" is indicated
      through "IGMPv3 membership report" message using different Filter-
      Mode-Change (ASM) and Source-List-Change Records.

What do you think?
Best regards,
Roberta

---------------------------------------------
Roberta Maglione  - CCIE #18425
---------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Hiroaki Sato
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: [MBONED] mboned multiaa-framework reflecting the ancp framework
draft, request for review

Hi all,

Major changes include:

thank you,
Hiroaki

---

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned
--------------------------------------------------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to [email-masked].

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Hiroaki Sato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:39:51 +0900

Hi

Thank you for your comment.
We'll reflect it to the next 07 version.

Best regards,
Hiroaki

--

---

From: Hitoshi Asaeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 01:54:35 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

>       Source-List-Change Records.

I think this statement is confusing.

I may say; In IGMPv3, join request is indicated through an IGMPv3
membership report message that includes either Filter-Mode-Change
Record or Source-List-Change Record.
No ASM specification is needed here.

>       Mode-Change (ASM) and Source-List-Change Records.

As well, it would be; in IGMPv3, leave request is indicated through an
IGMPv3 membership report message that includes either Filter-Mode-Change
Record or Source-List-Change Record.

Since I've not followed the ancp framework draft, I may
misunderstand what you are discussing here. I'm sorry if I do.

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda