Subject: [ANCP] Adjacency timer

From: "Vitali Vinokour (vvinokou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:23:38 -0400

Hello,

GSMP rfc specifies that "The Timer field is used to inform the receiver
of the timer value used in the adjacency protocol of the sender.  The
timer specifies the nominal time between periodic adjacency protocol
messages.  It is a constant for the duration of a GSMP session."

However, Timer field is present in all adjacency protocol messages. Is
the receiver expected to cache the remote timer value from the very
first SYN and ignore Timer field in all subsequent messages? Or is the
expected behavior to match the Timer field in each message to the
initial value and consider invalid all messages whith mismatching
values?  Neither GSMP rfc nor ANCP draft specify the behavior.

Thanks,
Vitali 
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp