Subject: [ANCP] Additional base protocol issue resolutions

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:12:39 -0400

The meeting agreed on the following resolutions to ANCP base issues yesterday. 
I'm looking for confirmation or objections on the list.

1) We will have a single combined version registry, more or less as it appears 
in the -10 version of the base protocol document. That is, the two initial 
entries will be:

  3.1 Pre-standard
  3.2 ANCP version 1

2) Tech Type 0x00 will be registered as "Not technology specific", as proposed.

3) Informative text will be added in the IANA Function Code registry to say that 
extensions to ANCP may establish sub-registries for X-Function Code values for 
specific values of the Function Code.

4) Text fields will be defined as UTF-8 rather than ASCII, with additional text 
as necessary to reassure people that UTF-8 encoding of the ASCII character set 
is identical to US-ASCII. An optional character set identification parameter 
will be added where necessary. Default in the absence of the parameter will be 
ASCII. It may take some research, but I'll make sure I have everything in place 
to get this right.

Still to resolve: Whether ANCP should use GSMPv3 IANA registries or not, as 
discussed a few weeks ago.

Tom Taylor