Subject: [ANCP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol for Access Node Control Mechanism in Broadband Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Wadhwa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-10.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2010-07-11

This document describes the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP).
ANCP operates between a Network Access Server (NAS) and an Access
Node (e.g. a Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM)) in a
multi-service reference architecture in order to perform QoS-related,
service-related and subscriber- related operations.  Use cases for
ANCP are documented in RFC 5851.  As well as describing the base ANCP
protocol, this document specifies capabilities for Digital Subscriber
Line (DSL) topology discovery, line configuration, and line testing.
The design of ANCP anticipates the specification in other documents
of extensions to the protocol to support additional ANCP protocol
capabilities covering other use cases and other technologies.

ANCP is based on GSMPv3 (RFC 3292), but with many modifications and
extensions, to the point that the two protocols are not
interoperable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.