Subject: [ANCP] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-10]

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:39:34 -0400

This version contains a minimum of technical changes from the -09 version, but a 
lot of text has been moved and a fair amount was modified to achieve a more 
uniform presentation format and eliminate redundancy. An appendix to the -10 
version maps the -09 sections to their new locations.

The text was also modified to emphasize that this is a specification of ANCP, 
rather than an extension of GSMPv3.

I have a version manually highlighted to show changed text, if anyone wants it. 
I would have to bring it up to date because some small changes were incorporated 
after I created it.

We still need responses to a number of the issues I raised on the list. Editor's 
Notes have been added to the text to track these open issues.

Tom Taylor

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-10
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:27:15 -0700 (PDT)
...

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-10.txt has been successfully 
submitted by Tom Taylor and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ancp-protocol
Revision:	 10
Title:		 Protocol for Access Node Control Mechanism in Broadband Networks
Creation_date:	 2010-07-11
WG ID:		 ancp
Number_of_pages: 66

Abstract:
This document describes the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP).
ANCP operates between a Network Access Server (NAS) and an Access
Node (e.g. a Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM)) in a
multi-service reference architecture in order to perform QoS-related,
service-related and subscriber- related operations.  Use cases for
ANCP are documented in RFC 5851.  As well as describing the base ANCP
protocol, this document specifies capabilities for Digital Subscriber
Line (DSL) topology discovery, line configuration, and line testing.
The design of ANCP anticipates the specification in other documents
of extensions to the protocol to support additional ANCP protocol
capabilities covering other use cases and other technologies.

ANCP is based on GSMPv3 (RFC 3292), but with many modifications and
extensions, to the point that the two protocols are not
interoperable.

The IETF Secretariat.