Subject: [Anima] NETCONF feedback on the ANIMA charter

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:20:49 +0200

Dear all,

Based on the previous UCAN BoF, we are considering having an ANIMA WG: 
Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach
This is now a proposed charter, under consideration by the IESG.
This is your chance to provide feedback on 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/anima/charter/
Note also that a BoF has been requested, just in case.
Since NETCONF (zero-touch) was mentioned during the UCAN BoF, I thought 
of double-checking with you guys.

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:44:25 +1300

Hi,

Several of us learned about draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch
for the first time in Toronto. Clearly, the Anima WG if formed
will have to consider it as well as any other proposals for
that functionality. We have an explicit statement in the charter:

"Where suitable protocols, models or methods exist, they will be
preferred over creating new ones."

Apart from that, coexistence with netconf is a clear constraint
on what we do, and that is also explicit in the charter.

   Brian

On 02/10/2014 02:20, Benoit Claise wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima
>

---

From: Dean Bogdanovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 00:11:14 +0000

Brian,

I believe that ANIMA WG can raise some additional requirements to the NETCONF group for configuration protocol requirements, hence it would be useful to follow what is being developed in that group.

Dean