Subject: [Anima] ANIMA WG transition to Ted as Responsible AD

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 12:49:14 +0100

Dear all,

In order to execute the IESG YANG Model Work Redistribution plan (see 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg90926.html) and in 
accordance with the IETF areas re-organisation steps (see 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg91015.html), Ted 
Lemon will become the ANIMA responsible AD. This is a good news as Ted 
can also facilitate the HOMENET interaction

Note that ANIMA WG will remain in the OPS area. While Ted will be the 
responsible starting now, this change will only appear on the charter 
page in a little bit (we're targeting mid February). Indeed, the tooling 
aspects will have to checked: we might face a few issues when a non-OPS 
AD is responsible for an OPS WG.

I don't disappear from the IESG and I'm always available if you require 
my help, but Ted is now your responsible AD.

Actually, I welcome this move for a different reason.
Indeed, we received some feedback that this WG was perceived as too 
Cisco-centric: AD, one Chair, and the Technical Advisor.  Note that the 
security AD didn't even consider the affiliation when selecting their 
Technical Advisor.

The LMAP chairs and I had a conf. call to discuss this perception issue. 
Here is a summary of the discussion:
- Next to the AD change, as I (believed I) mentioned on the mic. during 
the last meeting, the chairs agreed to take a less active editor role in 
the major solution drafts
- We would like to stress that other people are welcome if they want to 
join the draft, based on contributions
- Finally, the ANIMA WG is open for topics/drafts that are relevant to 
autonomic networking. Beside the current milestones, other autonomic 
infrastructure components, policy intents, use cases or autonomic 
service agents are strongly encouraged, as individual submissions. They 
could be discussed as potential recharter contents in the future.

Good work and regards, Benoit

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 13:19:40 +0100

On 08/01/2015 12:49, Benoit Claise wrote:
> https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg90926.html) and 
> in accordance with the IETF areas re-organisation steps (see 
> page in a little bit (we're targeting mid February). Indeed, the 
> tooling aspects will have to checked: we might face a few issues when 
> a non-OPS AD is responsible for an OPS WG.
>
> I don't disappear from the IESG and I'm always available if you 
> require my help, but Ted is now your responsible AD.
>
> Cisco-centric: AD, one Chair, and the Technical Advisor.  Note that 
> the security AD didn't even consider the affiliation when selecting 
> their Technical Advisor.
>
> The LMAP chairs 
OLD: LMAP chairs
NEW: ANIMA chairs

Regards, Benoit
> and I had a conf. call to discuss this perception issue. Here is a 
> summary of the discussion:
> - Next to the AD change, as I (believed I) mentioned on the mic. 
> during the last meeting, the chairs agreed to take a less active 
> editor role in the major solution drafts
> - We would like to stress that other people are welcome if they want 
> to join the draft, based on contributions
> service agents are strongly encouraged, as individual submissions. 
> They could be discussed as potential recharter contents in the future.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima
> .
>

---

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 01:19:45 +0000

Thanks Benoit for your supports and works in both ANIMA WG forming. All the best for your YANG model works. We will still need your advices and supports in the future work.

Welcome to Ted. Your deeply involvement and discussion during the WG charter stage had already give us great helps. Looking forward to work with you.

Also thanks SEC ADs. Security is important aspect for Autonomic Network, in which the network devices have more control powers. We need the consistent advices and support from you and other security experts.

Best regards,

Sheng

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Anima [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise
>Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 7:49 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: Lemon Ted; <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [Anima] ANIMA WG transition to Ted as Responsible AD
>
>Dear all,
>

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 21:39:19 -0500

> Welcome to Ted. Your deeply involvement and discussion during the WG charter stage had already give us great helps. Looking forward to work with you.

Likewise. :)