Subject: [Anima] Anima/Laurent: re. figuring out intent

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 03:21:34 +0100

Laurent: wrt to your comment on the mike in Seoul:

Thanks for crushing my hopes to find a way through the jungle ;-)
Kidding. Very good comment, very much appreciated.

So, if a full, even high level, direction for intent is further out because,
would it then make sense to think of shorter term incremental definitions,
hopefully in a way that they could be reuseable building blocks for intent
later.

For example: A lot of network service provisioning today is done just with group-template
based per-device configuration. Shouldn't we look at how we could improve and/or
standardize this approach with anima. The semantic would be blocks of
device configuration surrounded by a meta layer to define groupings eg:
by device/vendor type/roles etc.. 

Maybe this is not the right incremental step. But my main question is:
what incremental steps, if any do make most sense to you and others looking
into intent.

Cheers
    Toerless