Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-grasp-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 16:18:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach of the IETF.

        Title           : A Generic Autonomic Signaling Protocol (GRASP)
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-grasp-12.txt
	Pages           : 78
	Date            : 2017-05-18

Abstract:
   This document establishes requirements for a signaling protocol that
   enables autonomic nodes and autonomic service agents to dynamically
   discover peers, to synchronize state with them, and to negotiate
   parameter settings with them.  The document then defines a general
   protocol for discovery, synchronization and negotiation, while the
   technical objectives for specific scenarios are to be described in
   separate documents.  An Appendix briefly discusses existing protocols
   with comparable features.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-grasp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-grasp-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 11:26:10 +1200

Hi,

This version is intended to deal with the IESG comments and late reviews so far.

The changes are:

 Clarified that GRASP runs in a single addressing realm
 Improved wording about FQDN resolution, clarified that URI usage is out of scope.
 Clarified description of negotiation timeout.
 Noted that 'dry run' semantics are ASA-dependent.
 Made the ACP a normative reference.
 Clarified that LL multicasts are limited to GRASP interfaces.
 Unicast UDP moved out of scope.

Note that there is one idnits warning:
Downref: Normative reference to an Informational draft: draft-greevenbosch-appsawg-cbor-cddl
which is expected to become standards track in the CBOR WG.

Regards
   Brian

On 19/05/2017 11:18, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima
>