Subject: [Anima] ANIMA: re-charter last call (until 4/19/2019)

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 15:27:12 +0200

Dear ANIMA WG

We are hereby starting a last call on the revisted charter for the ANIMA WG.

Please read current proposed 2.0.6 charter and raise any remaining issues 
on this thread. On 4/19/2019 we will pass the final charter to Ignas,
our AD to be approved by IESG.

Charter is at:

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/anima/wiki/Recharter2019

Thanks
    Toerless & Sheng

---

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 11:31:22 -0400

Toerless and Sheng,

Here are some editorial suggestions for the draft charter.

  Bill

Para 5.  I believe that the sentence is trying to express two areas of
work: generic aspects of ASA and lifecycle management.  To make this
clear, please add a comma after "guidelines".

Para 9, bullets 1, 2, 3, and 4.  "etc." is an abbreviation for "et
cetera", which means "and others; and so forth; and so on".  As a
result, writing "and etc." would mean "and and others".  Please remove
the "and" in these four bullets.

Bullet 1.  I understand what a "virtualization environment" is.  Could
you explain what a "compounding environment" is?

Bullet 1.  Since "e.g. YANG models" is (presumably) part of the point
about OAMP, I suggest the following change:
"Provisioning), e.g. YANG models," -> "Provisioning) (e.g. YANG
models),"  (This makes the part about YANG subordinate to OAMP.)

Bullet 2. "regarding to generic" -> "regarding generic"

Bullet 2.  "implementer" -> "implementation"

Bullet 4.  "Autonomic Network" -> "Autonomic Networks" (add "s")

Bullet 4.  "management,autonomic SLA" -> "management, autonomic SLA"
(Add space after comma.)

Para 10, line 1.  "the the" -> "the" (Delete extra "the".)

On 05/04/2019 9:27 a.m., Toerless Eckert wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima
> 

-- 

Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 18:04:21 -0400

> Please read current proposed 2.0.6 charter and raise any remaining
    > issues on this thread. On 4/19/2019 we will pass the final charter to
    > Ignas, our AD to be approved by IESG.

    > https://trac.ietf.org/trac/anima/wiki/Recharter2019

I've been through the charter a few times before.
The edits from William are worthwhile.

>The ANI is specified through prior ANIMA work. It is composed of the
>Autonomic Control Plane (ACP), Bootstrap over Secure Key Infrastructures
>(BRSKI) including Vouchers, and the Generic Autonomic Signaling Protocol
>(GRASP). ANIMA will work on closing gaps and extended ANI and its
>components.

I suggest references to the work itself:
>The ANI is specified through prior ANIMA work. It is composed of the
>Autonomic Control Plane (ACP: RFC 8368), Bootstrap over Secure Key Infrastructures
>(BRSKI) including Vouchers (RFC8366), and the Generic Autonomic Signaling Protocol
>(GRASP). ANIMA will work on closing gaps and extended ANI and its
>components.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the charter.
I put those edits into the wiki, and I also fixed a few spelling mistakes.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 14:36:05 +0000

I'd like to see an additional item added for the consideration of using the bootstrapping mechanism defined in draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch for ANIMA.

I would be willing to work on a document that defined the appropriate binding.

Thanks,
Kent

> On Apr 5, 2019, at 9:27 AM, Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear ANIMA WG
>

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 13:26:39 -0400

Kent Watsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > I'd like to see an additional item added for the consideration of using
    > the bootstrapping mechanism defined in draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch for
    > ANIMA.

I think that would be useful to define how it would work.
In particular, being able to better define the voucher on USB stick
mechanism,  but I think that the call-home mechanisms with redirect would
also be useful for many devices.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 08:20:01 +1200

>     > I would be willing to work on a document that defined the appropriate

It's clearly in scope ("Works extending ANI, including variation of ANI
deployment..."), but without a draft I'm not sure we should put it in the
initial milestones.

It's also clearly worth a discussion of how it would affect ACP formation
and whether it would assist with Layer 2 ACP formation.

     Brian