Subject: [Anima] QUADS for GRASP

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 16:44:49 +1300

Hi,

This week I got a bit bored waiting for a working ACP for use with my
GRASP prototype, so I decided to implement some quick and dirty security
(QUADS) for GRASP, which is effectively a simple ACP emulated just above
the transport layer, using symmetric crypto with shared keys.

I have running code (about half a day's work, of which the majority was
understanding how to use the Python 'cryptography' module). I need to do
some more work before pushing it to GitHub, however.

There's a draft (see below). Comments and discussion very welcome.

Regards
     Brian

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-anima-quads-grasp-00.txt
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:33:27 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Quick and Dirty Security for GRASP
        Author          : Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-anima-quads-grasp-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2019-10-15

Abstract:
   A secure substrate is required by the Generic Autonomic Signaling
   Protocol (GRASP) used by Autonomic Service Agents.  This document
   describes QUADS, a QUick And Dirty Security method using symmetric
   cryptography and preconfigured keys or passwords.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-anima-quads-grasp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-anima-quads-grasp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-carpenter-anima-quads-grasp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 15:45:57 +1300

Hi,

I've posted a new version of the GRASP Python prototype, with QUADS
security, to GitHub at https://github.com/becarpenter/graspy .

The updated files are

graspy.pdf (Documentation) <=== start here
grasp.py (GRASP core and API)
gremlina.py (a stand-alone GRASP daemon)
quadsmaker.py (QUADS key making utility)

Regards
   Brian