Subject: [Anima] AD approval request for early allocation for id-ct-animaCBORVoucher

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:36:34 +0100

Dear Ignaz, dear Warren,

As chairs of the ANIMA WG, we hereby request your AD approval
for early allocation of a code point from IANA according to RFC7120.

Draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-05

> ## The SMI Security for S/MIME CMS Content Type Registry
> 
> This document registers an OID in the "SMI Security for S/MIME CMS
> Content Type" registry (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1), with the value:
> 
>       Decimal  Description                             References
>       -------  --------------------------------------  ----------
>       TBD1      id-ct-animaCBORVoucher                 [ThisRFC]

Registry:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers/smi-numbers.xhtml#security-smime-1

The ANIMA WG chairs have verified that the required conditions for
early allocation from RFC7120, Section 2 are met:

a) Standards Action (document is standards track ANIMA WG draft)

b) The WG draft adequately describes the desired semantics:
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-05

c) The WG participants actively working on implementations of the
   draft have confirmed that the semantic of the code point is
   stable to the extend that it is clear that the final
   RFC will need it, but further validation through more interoperability
   testing is required and only blocked on the availability of an early allocation
   code point.

d) The working group chairs think that it would be highly helpful to
   receive an early allocation code point now to support further
   interoperability testing, ensuring that the final RFC has the
   highest level of practical vetting.

The request for early allocation was brought up in the working group
and was faced with no disagreement. The working group chairs also
understand that there is no risk of depletion of the registry in question.

Thank you very much
    Toerless (for the chairs)

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:11:04 -0500

Approved.

(This approval coupon can be redeemed for a codepoint at any IANA location,
or online. No warranty expressed or implied. Some rights reserved, some
exclusions apply, etc :-))

W

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:36 AM Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 18:39:20 +0100

Muchas Gracias

Coupon redeemed as  [IANA #1160164] :

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Request for Assignment

Contact Name:
Toerless Eckert

Contact Email:
[email-masked]

Type of Assignment:
Early Assignment , approved by Warren Kumari
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/anima/4JJjhztdmvh0uqvc0NuM4pIzhhE

Registry:

Description:
required for interop testing of prototypes implementing the subject WG
draft.

Additional Info:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-05#section-9.5

> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima

-- 
---
[email-masked]