Subject: [Anima] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8995 (6642)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 10:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8995,
"Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6642

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.4

Original Text
-------------
Use of TLS 1.3 (or newer) is encouraged.  TLS 1.2 or newer is 
REQUIRED.  TLS 1.3 (or newer) SHOULD be available.

Corrected Text
--------------
TLS 1.2 [RFC5246] with SNI support [RFC6066] is REQUIRED if 
TLS 1.3 is not available.
The Server Name Indicator (SNI) is required when the Registrar 
communicates with the MASA in order for the MASA to be hosted in 
a modern multi-tenant TLS infrastructure.

Notes
-----
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/anima/bqrZXAk7vstWQ3V1-irIATnBKpY/
This adds new references to the text.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8995 (draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-45)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI)
Publication Date    : May 2021
Author(s)           : M. Pritikin, M. Richardson, T. Eckert, M. Behringer, K. Watsen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG