Subject: [Anima] Authors/: IPR poll for draft-richardson-anima-jose-voucher (and others if need be)

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 18:01:21 +0200

Working on IETF111 chair slides i just stumbled over one process step:

a) Dear authors of draft-richardson-anima-jose-voucher and ANIMA WG:

This is the IPR poll for draft-richardson-anima-jose-voucher

We need for each of you authors to make an IPR statement about the draft.

As applicable, for example:
[1]   "I am not aware of any IPR against this document"

[ Note: I think if some IPR that was declared against other IETF documents also
  applies aainst this document, it needs to be re-declared for this document.]

b) Dear ANIMA WG participants: if any of you has IPR knowledge against this
document, now would be a good time to bring it up. The IETF IPR rules do ask you to do so:

https://www.ietf.org/standards/ipr/

 "During the standards process any IETF contribution covered by patents or
  patent applications owned by a participant or their sponsor must be disclosed,
  or they must refrain from participating."

Aka: The only difference between authors and participants is that
participants do not need to report that they are no aware of any IPR.

In general, you should not be unaware of IPR with your name on it.

Note that we did adopt the early IPR disclosure at WG adoption process
only at IETF110, so we have not done an IPR poll against draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher
(from which this draft is a split-off).

Currently,  there are no IPR disclosures against that constrained voucherit, so there is now of
course good time to check this voluntarily. Officially, the IPR poll for those
legacy WG document when going through WG last call.

There are no IPR disclosures for the original voucher (RFC8366), so i am hopeful
that this also means there are no against the constrained work, so this could
be pain free and just involvs 2 incantations of  [1] from Michael and Thomas.

Cheers
    Toerless

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 18:40:16 -0400

> We need for each of you authors to make an IPR statement about the draft.

"I am not aware of any IPR against this document"

---

From: "Werner, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 06:40:53 +0000

Best regards
Thomas