Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:06:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Information Distribution over GRASP
        Authors         : Xun Xiao
                          Bing Liu
                          Artur Hecker
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Brian
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   Autonomic network infrastructure (ANI) is a generic platform for
   tenant applications (i.e.  AFs).  As we will see in some examplery
   use cases, AFs may not only require communication capability
   supported from the infrastructure side, but also the capability the
   infrastructure can hold and re-distribute information on-demand.
   This document proposes a set of solutions for information
   distribution in the ANI.  Information distribution is categorized
   into two different modes: 1) instantaneous distribution and 2)
   publishing for retrieval.  In the former case, the information is
   sent, propagated and disposed of after reception.  In the latter
   case, information needs to be stored in the network; additionally,
   conflict resolution is also needed when information stored in the
   network is updated with proposals from two different AFs.

   The capability of information distribution is a fundamental need for
   an autonomous network ([RFC7575]).  This document describes typical
   use cases of information distribution in ANI and requirements to ANI,
   such that abundant ways of information distribution can be natively
   supported.  This draft proposes a series of extensions to the
   autonomic nodes and suggests an implementation based on GRASP
   ([I-D.ietf-anima-grasp]) extensions as a protocol on the wire.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/