Subject: [Ans-research] AODV @ IETF Project

From: "Krishna N. Ramachandran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:46:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,
       Mobile ad hoc networks have typically been deployed on a small 
scale in restricted environments. The AODV@IETF project aims to make 
available the first ever publicly-usable ad hoc network at the 58th IETF 
conference to be held in Minneapolis, MN, USA from November 9-14. The 
AODV network, scheduled to go live at 12:01 AM on the 10th of November, 
a Monday, will support Internet capable AODV implementations for the 
Microsoft Windows XP and Linux operating systems.

Our goals behind the project are to demonstrate the capabilities of ad 
hoc networks to the general public and also to evaluate the performance 
of ad hoc networks when used on a large-scale in the real world.
 
We welcome and encourage your participation in the ad hoc network at 
the IETF.  Please visit the AODV@IETF website: 
http://moment.cs.ucsb.edu/aodv-ietf for more details. On the same website, 
we will very soon make available the software packages needed to join the 
ad hoc network.
 
Please email me if you have any questions at [email-masked].

Thank you and looking forward to your participation,
Krishna Ramachandran,
UC Santa Barbara.

_______________________________________________
Ans-research mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ans-research