Subject: MPEG2 Streaming Over internet

From: "Sumit Aggarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:24:15 +0900

Hi All,
i want to know, if i want to stream MPEG2 TS over internet(unicast/brodcast)
using RTP and receive it on TV, what are the fields in TS i should update by
streaming server.
i mean what are the fields in TS should be updated before streaming (Like
PCR, PTS ..DTS) so that my TV decoder can understand the stream properly.
Is there any global standard followed which is accepted by all the TVs.
May be this is very basic question, but the problem i am facing is when i
stream using RTP with out modifying any field in TS, TV decoder is not able
to display it properly. But when i stream the TS using VLC, TV is able to
display the picture perfectly.
Regards
Sumit
_______________________________________________
Apps-Discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:51:50 +0300

This question is more in scope for the AVT list (CC'ed.)

Lars