Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem-01.txt> (Problem Details for HTTP APIs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:56:55 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the ART Area General Applications
Working Group WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Problem Details for HTTP APIs'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a "problem detail" as a way to carry machine-
   readable details of errors in a HTTP response, to avoid the need to
   invent new error response formats for HTTP APIs.

Note to Readers

   This draft should be discussed on the apps-discuss mailing list [1].

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:09:28 +0100

On 2015-11-20 21:56, The IESG wrote:
> ...

I don't believe that all of my WGLC feedback from December 2014 has been 
addressed (and that includes subjects on where we agreed on changes). 
See 
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg13453.html>.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 09:45:18 +1100

Sorry about that, Julian.

I've updated to include everything except the XML-related questions; Erik? 

See:
  http://mnot.github.io/I-D/http-problem/
  http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-appsawg-http-problem-01&url2=https://mnot.github.io/I-D/http-problem/index.txt

> On 25 Nov 2015, at 9:09 pm, Julian Reschke <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I don't believe that all of my WGLC feedback from December 2014 has been addressed (and that includes subjects on where we agreed on changes). See <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg13453.html>.
> 
> Best regards, Julian

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/