Subject: [apps-review] breakfast notes

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:19:16 +0800

Here are brief notes from this morning's breakfast meeting of the
apps-review team.

1. We're going to change the name from "Review Team" to "Directorate"
because, among other things, it will be easier for folks to justify
these activities to their manager if they're involved in the
"Applications Area Directorate".

2. I at least would prefer to change the list name to [email-masked].

3. We want to encourage early involvement of AppsDir members in work
within other areas (and by extension perhaps also W3C etc.).

4. To help with #3, we want to know who in the AppsDir is watching or
involved with relevant WGs in other areas (e.g., DANE, V6OPS, OAUTH).
This will be added to the directorate page here:

http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/applications-area-review-team

[side note: use http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki instead?
might be easier to get everyone working together at that site]

5. All chairs of WGs in the Apps Area will be added to the appsdir list,
but they might be excused from certain tasks (help other areas, complete
reviews, etc.) because of time constraints. Part of the motivation here
is for the AppsDir to be a team of all the AppsArea leaders.

6. We're looking to recruit more AppsDir members and will ask the WG
chairs to scout around in their working groups for possibilities.

7. We're looking for someone to help SM so he doesn't burn out. Rotating
the "leader" and "secretary" (or whatever the titles are) would be helpful.

8. It would be good to have better tracking of who has completed
reviews, so that we can give credit where credit is due. We might be
able to borrow Gen-ART tools or something else. Suggestion also to use
the tools.ietf.org tracker here:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/report

9. We'd like to have a better idea of work happening in other areas that
might benefit from AppsArea input. Discussion is welcome. Possible
approaches might include watching the relevant working groups in other
areas and establishing automated tools to perform keyword searching of
-00 or -01 WG drafts (Peter to ping the tools team). Pete and I will
also ask other ADs about their new work on a regular basis in the the
IESG informal telechats.

If you were at the breakfast meeting, feel free to add or amplify upon
these notes.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:40:18 +0800

some thoughts on a couple of points

> within other areas (and by extension perhaps also W3C etc.).
+1
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/report
still borrowing form my IEEE experience as Technical Editor dealing with 
the
manuscriptcentral IEEE tool,
it would be great if we can have a similar powerful tool also in IETF 
that let you

search for people and of each of them provide some other information 
fields like
- how Current/Past 12 Months reviews (he/she has or has finalized)
- Days Since Last Review (it could help the leader to assign new reviews)
- Average R-Score (to provide credit)

> also ask other ADs about their new work on a regular basis in the the
can we officially delegate this work directly to the wg chairs in the 
different areas?
(of course if the IESG agree )

letting the wg chairs know that in the case they see some draft 
(especially working group draft 00 or
personal draft that are going to be discussed in a IETF meeting)
in their working group that somehow involve (or could involve) APPs Area 
they have to contact
as soon as possible the

cheers
Sal

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 00:32:44 -0500

> If you were at the breakfast meeting, feel free to add or amplify upon

We also talked about having the AppsDir members provide lists of WGs
that they follow, so we can coordinate coverage and "liaison"
activity.

Barry

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:38:47 +0800

> that they follow, so we can coordinate coverage and "liaison"

That was:

###

###

---

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:38:48 -0800

I was speculating about what the relationship between the Apps directorate and W3C might be, if you kind of think that W3C handles "the web parts of Apps", e.g., recruit more folks from W3C to be in apps-review (although there already are some).

I don't think we came to any conclusions, though.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Barry Leiba
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:33 PM
To: Peter Saint-Andre
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [apps-review] breakfast notes

> If you were at the breakfast meeting, feel free to add or amplify upon 

We also talked about having the AppsDir members provide lists of WGs that they follow, so we can coordinate coverage and "liaison"
activity.

Barry
_______________________________________________
apps-review mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:43:24 -0800

Hi Larry,
At 09:38 PM 11/15/2011, Larry Masinter wrote:
>I was speculating about what the relationship between the Apps 
>directorate and W3C might be, if you kind of think that W3C handles 
>"the web parts of Apps", e.g., recruit more folks from W3C to be in 
>apps-review (although there already are some).

We have a few folks involved in the W3C on the team.  If you know 
anyone who can do reviews for the Apps Area, please ask the person to 
contact me.

Best regards,
-sm