Subject: [aqm] WG: New Version Notification for draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-01.txt

From: "LAUTENSCHLAEGER, Wolfram (Wolfram)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 07:03:49 +0000

Dear all,

I posted an updated draft on Global Synchronization Protection (GSP).

Initially focused on global synchronization alone, it turns out that
GSP essentially performs at the same level as the other AQMs.

Major changes are wrt 
- a more detailed description of the parameter adaptation algorithm
- an additional section on delay based operation

Comments are highly welcome.

Thanks,

Wolfram Lautenschlaeger

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Gesendet: Freitag, 4. Juli 2014 14:12
An: LAUTENSCHLAEGER, Wolfram (Wolfram); LAUTENSCHLAEGER, Wolfram (Wolfram)
Betreff: New Version Notification for draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Wolfram Lautenschlaeger and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-lauten-aqm-gsp
Revision:	01
Title:		Global Synchronization Protection for Packet Queues
Document date:	2014-07-04
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-01
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-01

Abstract:
   The congestion avoidance processes of several transmission capacity
   sharing TCP flows tend to be synchronized among each other, so that
   the rate variations of the individual flows do not compensate. In
   contrary, they accumulate into large variations of the whole
   aggregate. The effect is known as global synchronization. Large
   queuing buffer demand and large latency and jitter are the
   consequences. Global Synchronization Protection (GSP) is an extension
   of regular tail drop packet queuing schemes that prevents global
   synchronization. For large traffic aggregates the de-correlation
   between the individual flow variations reduces buffer demand and
   packet sojourn time by an order of magnitude and more. Even though
   quite simple, the solution has a theoretical background and is not
   heuristic. It has been tested with a Linux kernel implementation and
   shows equivalent performance as other relevant AQM schemes.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat