Subject: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 01:48:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling of the IETF.

        Title           : AQM Characterization Guidelines
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Naeem Khademi
                          David Ros
	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2016-02-15

Abstract:
   Unmanaged large buffers in today's networks have given rise to a slew
   of performance issues.  These performance issues can be addressed by
   some form of Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanism, optionally in
   combination with a packet scheduling scheme such as fair queuing.
   This document describes various criteria for performing precautionary
   characterizations of AQM schemes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kuhn Nicolas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:52:28 +0000

All,

This updated version integrates some typos correction (based on Greg Skinner's comment) and some reformulation in the "goal description section" based on Polina's personal email. 

Cheers, 

Nico

-----Message d'origine-----
De : aqm [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de [email-masked]
Envoyé : lundi 15 février 2016 10:48
À : [email-masked]
Cc : [email-masked]
Objet : [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
aqm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aqm

---

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:37:44 -0500

> This updated version integrates some typos correction (based on Greg Skinner's comment) and some reformulation in the "goal description section" based on Polina's personal email.

Hi, I've started the shepherd write-up for this and am planning to 
submit it in the next week.  I mention this in case there are still 
comments or concerns that someone has.

In the write-up, I will explain:
- how it changed scope a few times over its lifetime
- that ideally there would be running code (as mentioned by Dave, among 
others) for performing the characterizations
- that where it sits now, it's suitable as Informational guidance, but 
it's not a prescriptive and fully defined spec, like for an IPPM metric

I think this will be sufficient, but would like to know if anyone still 
has further thoughts, or strong feeling that this should be held for 
some other update before AD review?