Subject: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 20:30:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling of the IETF.

        Title           : A PIE-Based AQM for DOCSIS Cable Modems
        Authors         : Greg White
                          Rong Pan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-02-15

Abstract:
   Cable modems based on the DOCSIS(R) specification provide broadband
   Internet access to over one hundred million users worldwide.  In some
   cases, the cable modem connection is the bottleneck (lowest speed)
   link between the customer and the Internet.  As a result, the impact
   of buffering and bufferbloat in the cable modem can have a
   significant effect on user experience.  The CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1
   specification introduces requirements for cable modems to support an
   Active Queue Management (AQM) algorithm that is intended to alleviate
   the impact that buffering has on latency sensitive traffic, while
   preserving bulk throughput performance.  In addition, the CableLabs
   DOCSIS 3.0 specifications have also been amended to contain similar
   requirements.  This document describes the requirements on Active
   Queue Management that apply to DOCSIS equipment, including a
   description of the "DOCSIS-PIE" algorithm that is required on DOCSIS
   3.1 cable modems.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/