Subject: Re: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-12.txt

From: Greg Skinner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 01:50:27 +0000 (GMT)

Nico,

The table in the Summary section (section 13) retains the RFC 2119 normative language, but in the sections the table refers to, the normative keywords were uncapitalized.  Is this intentional?  This issue was raised by Alissa Cooper a few days ago.

Greg

On Jun 10, 2016, at 08:03 AM, Kuhn Nicolas <[email-masked]> wrote:

All, 

Following the last discussions, please find an updated version of the AQM characterization guidelines.
The modifications are shown in the diff attached. 

Cheers

Nico

-----Message d'origine-----
De : aqm [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de [email-masked]
Envoyé : vendredi 10 juin 2016 16:59
À : [email-masked]
Cc : [email-masked]
Objet : [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-12.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling of the IETF.

Title : AQM Characterization Guidelines
Authors : Nicolas Kuhn
Preethi Natarajan
Naeem Khademi
David Ros
   Filename : draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-12.txt
 Pages : 36
   Date : 2016-06-10

Abstract:
Unmanaged large buffers in today's networks have given rise to a slew
of performance issues. These performance issues can be addressed by
some form of Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanism, optionally in
combination with a packet scheduling scheme such as fair queuing.
This document describes various criteria for performing
characterizations of AQM schemes, that can be used in lab testing
during development, prior to deployment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
aqm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aqm
_______________________________________________
aqm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aqm

---

From: Kuhn Nicolas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 14:24:41 +0000

Greg,

We wanted to keep some weight on the requirements behind each scenario.
Since the draft is informational, in the next version, we will remove the normative language and specify that the relevance of the requirements for each scenario depends on the deployment scenario.

Regards,

Nico

De : Greg Skinner [mailto:[email-masked]]
Envoyé : mardi 14 juin 2016 03:50
À : Kuhn Nicolas
Cc : [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Objet : Re: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-12.txt

Nico,

Greg

On Jun 10, 2016, at 08:03 AM, Kuhn Nicolas <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
All,

Cheers

Nico

-----Message d'origine-----
De : aqm [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Envoyé : vendredi 10 juin 2016 16:59
À : [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc : [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Objet : [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-12.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
aqm mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aqm
_______________________________________________
aqm mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aqm