Subject: [aqm] RFC 8290 on The Flow Queue CoDel Packet Scheduler and Active Queue Management Algorithm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 16:02:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8290

        Title:      The Flow Queue CoDel Packet 
                    Scheduler and Active Queue Management Algorithm 
        Author:     T. Hoeiland-Joergensen, 
                    P. McKenney,
                    D. Taht,
                    J. Gettys,
                    E. Dumazet
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 57767
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8290

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8290

This memo presents the FQ-CoDel hybrid packet scheduler and Active
Queue Management (AQM) algorithm, a powerful tool for fighting
bufferbloat and reducing latency.

FQ-CoDel mixes packets from multiple flows and reduces the impact of
head-of-line blocking from bursty traffic.  It provides isolation for
low-rate traffic such as DNS, web, and videoconferencing traffic.  It
improves utilisation across the networking fabric, especially for
bidirectional traffic, by keeping queue lengths short, and it can be
implemented in a memory- and CPU-efficient fashion across a wide
range of hardware.

This document is a product of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 12:19:07 +0100

>                     Scheduler and Active Queue Management Algorithm

Yay! Happy new year to all! :D

-Toke