Subject: [art] Fwd: WGLC: draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02.txt

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 13:16:23 -0500

Since not everyone is on the DISPATCH WG mailing list, I'm forwarding this
here.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:15 PM
Subject: WGLC: draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02.txt
To: DISPATCH <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Barry Leiba <
[email-masked]>

Hi all,

We would like to start a 2 week WGLC for this document.    If you think the
document is ready, please respond to this email.  If you have comments that
you would like considered and/or any editorial suggestions, please post
those as well.

The WGLC ends on July 25, 2018.

Regards,

Mary

DISPATCH WG tri-chair

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:41 PM
Subject: [dispatch] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dispatch WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ECMAScript Media Types Updates
        Authors         : Bradley Farias
                          Matthew A. Miller
        Filename        : draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02.txt
        Pages           : 21
        Date            : 2018-05-08

Abstract:
   This document proposes updates to the ECMAScript media types,
   superseding the existing registrations for "application/javascript"
   and "text/javascript" by adding an additional extension and removing
   usage warnings.  This document updates RFC4329, "Scripting Media
   Types".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dispatch-javascript-mjs-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
dispatch mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:41:40 +0200

On 2018-07-10 20:16, Mary Barnes wrote:
> Since not everyone is on the DISPATCH WG mailing list, I'm forwarding 
> this here.
> ...

Two thoughts:

1) we have a 21 page spec that *updates*, not *obsoletes* a 13 page spec 
- can we please get a stand-alone spec obsoleting the old spec instead?

2) for all the legacy type registrations, it would be *much* better to 
have a table that lists the differences between these, and just a single 
template for the common parts.

Best regards, Julian