Subject: [Asdf] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on charter-ietf-asdf-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 07:39:09 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-asdf-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-asdf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest to clarify why  an "Implementation Draft" is different than a revised
I-D based on experience gained by implementation. It is probably the same
concept but it should be clarified.

-éric

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 12:39:31 -0400

> concept but it should be clarified.

It's actually the other way around (or, really, a combination): it's a
draft for which a stake has been placed in the ground, saying that
early implementors are specifically asked to implement this version in
order to test it out for further document development.

Yes, it would be good to come up with some concise words to explain
that in the charter; I'll work on that.

Barry