Subject: RE: Authentication (no longer Re: [Asrg] My Opinion...)

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:00:40 -0800

> >>Please stop making comparisons like that in actual values. 
> Whatever the 
> >>amount of spam I receive its not worth one human life.

Let us see, if I spend ten minutes daily on spam, over a lifetime that is a
lot of time, if everyone on the Internet does likewise that is a huge number
of wasted lifetimes.

OK trite point but once you do anything on a large scale there start to be
major consequences.

The Nigerian 419 gangs have murdered several people and kidnapped many more,
we have had extortions, theft, fraud, suicides and more. 

At this point, yes the spam issue IS more severe in terms of the damage
being done regardless of the scale you choose to use.

	Phill
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: mathew <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:57:30 -0500

On Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003, at 16:00 US/Eastern, Hallam-Baker, Phillip 
wrote:
> The Nigerian 419 gangs have murdered several people and kidnapped many 
> more, we have had extortions, theft, fraud, suicides and more.

I can't help thinking that 419 scams point out the danger of stupidity 
and greed, rather than the danger of spam.

mathew