Subject: [Asrg] [Rant] Mantras

From: "Sauer, Damon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:18:54 -0600

Concerning some of the threads I have read (and have participated in) that
turned into flame wars.

 I do believe that I can be a valuable and contributing member of this
group.
 I am a real world postmaster and I blocked over 1.1 billion spam messages
in 2000-2001 for a corporation that had just over 100k email addresses. Some
of you know me personally and know that I am a really easy going person. I
am also very busy, and as you can imagine, I do not have time to read every
single email as thoroughly as I would like. I can sometimes fail to state my
opinions in concise and formatted statements... I am therefore apologizing
in advance.

 I really want this group to be successful. It literally means millions of
dollars to me in resources that are currently only being used to combat
spam.

 So I will make these statements:

 I will not pretend to know something I don't.
 I will try not to sound authoritative on something that I don't know much
about.
 My spam is not better than your spam.
 You are most likely much smarter than I.
 You can pee-pee much further than me, I don't care to compete.
 If I ask you to read my mind, please tell me not to. (unless you actually
can, in which case, sorry for the misspellings)
 I do not want to fix SMTP, I want to break spam. 
 I am a FIRM believer in rDNS of some type.

 Would anyone care to add to my list?

Regards,
Damon Sauer

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Michael Ellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:16:18 -0500

Hmmm well given that I work part-time as a psychic, I will accept all of those
for myself except the mind-reading one *grins*

I agree Damon and Im a newbie to this world but struggling with the learning
curve so I won't claim to any expertise at all. Im sure you are all smarter than
me.

--
Michael Ellis, IAPP
Privacy Manager
Date.com
  Phone   (416) 306-0022 ext 620
  Fax     (416) 306-0023

Date.com - "The New Way To Date"