Subject: Re: [Asrg] Blacklist blackmail

From: "Dr. Jeffrey Race" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:46:22 +0700

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 00:43:20 -0500, Kee Hinckley wrote:

>>1) Don't bother sending that person (or ISP) email anymore.
>Thank God the phone system doesn't work that way.

In fact it works precisely that way on modern telephone exchanges,
which provide the option to refuse calls from call-originators who
block transmission of Caller ID data.  The ID-blocking caller
receives a message he can't complete the call.

Jeffrey Race

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:42:21 -0500

>receives a message he can't complete the call.

No.  That's the individual's decision.  In this case it's the ISP's 
decision.  It's as though your phone company decided to block all 
calls to you from Kalamazoo.
-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
everyone else's.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg