Subject: [Asrg] First few links to studies

From: Frank de Lange <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 06:57:39 +0100

Well, I don't have any semblance of a complete list of studies yet (if 
you have some pointers, please send them... One down - thanks Adam - 
more to go? will include them in the list later), but here are some 
links which can be interesting anyway...

'targeted scientific research'

Teamed filters catch more spam
http://www.trnmag.com/Stories/2001/082201/Teamed_filters_catch_more_spam_082201.html

Unsolicited Commercial Communications and Data Protection, a study by 
the European Union
http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/en/dataprot/studies/spamstudyen.pdf

Unsolicited Bulk Email: Mechanisms for Control
http://www.imc.org/ube-sol.html

Anonymity and Pseudonymity in Cyberspace
http://www2.norwich.edu/mkabay/overviews/anonpseudo.htm
http://www2.norwich.edu/mkabay/overviews/anonpseudo.pdf

Deterrence Measures for Spam
http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/k53/pmail/

Security research papers from IBM. Some related issues, eg. privacy 
preferences/consent (P3P) for web sites.
http://www.research.ibm.com/compsci/security/seminars.html

There are many more papers on web-related issues. Some of the issues are 
related (especially the privacy-related issues).
http://www.almaden.ibm.com/software/theory/Web/

Selling interrupt rights: A way to control unwanted e-mail and telephone 
calls
http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/414/forum.pdf

(more later)

'operational research'

alt.spam faq, zillions of links...
http://digital.net/~gandalf/spamfaq.html

'legal research'

GARBAGE IN: EMERGING MEDIA AND REGULATION OF UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL 
SOLICITATIONS
http://www.law.berkeley.edu/journals/btlj/articles/vol11/Carroll/html/text.html

List of links (reading list) for a course in 'cyberlaw', theme 'Why 
Regulating Spam is Difficult'
http://www.law.berkeley.edu/institutes/bclt/courses/fall00/cyberlaw/cybersyllabus.html

'the Enemy'

Why Bulk Email Marketing?
http://www.marketing-2000.net/

'rfc's'
rfc2505 - Anti-Spam Recommendations for SMTP MTAs
rfc2635 - DON'T SPEW A Set of Guidelines for Mass Unsolicited Mailings 
and Postings (spam*)
rfc3098 - How to Advertise Responsibly Using E-Mail and Newsgroups

This is not the promised overview of research, it is a starter for those 
who want something to reado n the way home :-)

Cheers//Frank

-- 
    WWWWW      ________________________
   ## o o\    /     Frank de Lange     \
   }#   \|   /      +46-734352015       \
    \ `--| _/     <Hacker for Hire>      \
     `---'  \       +31-640037120        /
             \    [email-masked]    /
              `------------------------'
   [ "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur
      et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."  ]

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg