Subject: RE: pros and cons of RMX (Re: [Asrg] Declaration to the world)

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:53:51 -0800

> Guess you weren't listening.  This was _all_ said before.

This is the second time you have assumed that someone who disagrees with you
does so from ignorance.

I am the Principal Scientist of VeriSign, a company that manages DNS and PKI
infrastructure on a very large scale. Hadmut has made a number of well
thought out contributions to the debate.

If DNS is broken we can fix it for this application.

I suggest that you treat other participants in the group with some respect
if you wish your own ideas to be listened to.

	Phill
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Adam Back <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:46:20 +0000

Phil wrote:
> [...] If DNS is broken we can fix it for this application.

That was my request: 

- RMX proposers should demonstrate fixes to it's security problems

- the deployment of any fixes to DNS should be considered part of the
deployment picture for RMX

(Deployment being probably the biggest challenge with any anti-spam
solution.)

Adam

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:23:27 -0500

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:53:51 -0800

> If DNS is broken we can fix it for this application.

please note - VeriSign does not control DNS, despite their delusions of
authority.

Keith

---

From: Hadmut Danisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:06:20 +0100

> deployment picture for RMX

You've overseen a little detail:

This is a four days old research group.

The intention of that group is to find the possible principles, 
not to have a finished apparatus ready for deployment. We're at the
beginning of development, not at the end. 

What you're doing has nothing to do with "research". You're acting
up as if you were the final judge. You're flaming, not contributing. 
Everything I heard from you was contraproductive and jealous. 

The conclusion is that you're not here to bring that group forward, 
but to block any progress. This raises the question which interests 
you have.

Hadmut