Subject: RE: [Asrg] Spam detection system proposal

From: "Sauer, Damon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:52:13 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: David F. Skoll [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 12:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Spam detection system proposal

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> No, by your own numbers, that's empirically suggested for only 20% of
spam.

A cheap test that stops 20% of spam is good.

-- The problem is that it costs me the price of servers, bandwidth,
software, administrators, and other infrastructure to perform the "cheap
test" ... not so cheap after all ;-)

Regards,
Damon

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "David F. Skoll" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:09:28 -0500 (EST)

> test" ... not so cheap after all ;-)

Oh, come on.  You're already running a mail server.  Once the
tempfail-first-time software is installed, it takes no administrator
interaction at all.

The extra bandwidth is minimal; you fail some messages *once* at the MAIL
or RCPT command.

--
David.