Subject: [Asrg] FYI: CNN article

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:32:18 -0800 (PST)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/03/17/halting.spam.ap/index.html

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:54:22 -0800

>http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/03/17/halting.spam.ap/index.html

	``So an international organization best known for creating the
	Internet's plumbing has decided to explore fundamental changes
	in its architecture that would effect a fix. This would ultimately
	require a global consensus -- and software updates for everybody.''

It would???

Who says so?

I myself have some rather different ideas... ideas that DON'T involve
everybody on the planet trashing all of the existing infrastructure
that they have in place already.  And I'm not alone.  Not by any means.
There's a lot of people working on evolutionary ideas, rather than
revolutionary ones.  The evolutionary ones have one helluva lot more
chance of actually being adopted.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Brad Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:11:14 -0800

http://research.yale.edu/lawmeme/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=
1001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 3:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Asrg] FYI: CNN article