Subject: RE: [Asrg] My Opinion regarding ietf asrg session (it went badly! )

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:50:19 -0800

> How can anyone honestly expect research to appear in a group that was
> created a matter of weeks before?  What would anyone expect in the
> circumstances but general talk about how bad spam is and a pep ralley
> for the need to work on the problem?

The first thing that always happens at a meeting like this is always
a lot of completely unfocused discussion from people talking ad-nauseam
about the need to avoid unfocused discussion.

This happened at jam spam as well. We had lots of people pile in to say
lets not talk about any technology and instead steered the discussion
towards fluff.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:10:24 -0500

>lets not talk about any technology and instead steered the discussion

I've been working under the general assumption (based on the 
participant lists, primarily) that JamSpam wasn't likely to come up 
with a technical solution but, if anything, a list of requirements. 
Any technical solution would be more likely to come from the IETF. 
And if it matches the JamSpam requirements, then the JamSpam 
participants become a major part of the force we can apply to get 
something adopted.
-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
everyone else's.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg