Subject: Fwd: - RE: [ASRG] PROPOSAL FOR OPT-OUT

From: Chuq Von Rospach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:13:19 -0800

speaking of whitelists, someone doesn't have his set up properly for 
this list (grin)

of course, he probably won't get this one, either.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri Mar 28, 2003  9:49:27  AM US/Pacific
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE:- RE: [ASRG] PROPOSAL FOR OPT-OUT
>
> The email you sent to me with the subject line as above has been 
> rejected due to the fact that my email account is protected from SPAM 
> by MailKey.   You are not (yet) on my 'A-list' of approved senders, 
> and the mail did not contain a valid MailKey.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:20:56 -0500

> of course, he probably won't get this one, either.

Somebody needs to record the URL of the original msg to the list, so we can
reference it the next time somebody things whitelists are the best thing
since sliced bread and will cure AIDS, the common cold, cancer, and blackheads.

:)

---

From: Chuq Von Rospach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:29:24 -0800

On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 10:20  AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> since sliced bread and will cure AIDS, the common cold, cancer, and 

you forgot that it adds three inches..... (oh, never mind)

whitelists are far from a panacea. I simply now consider them a lesser 
evil...

---

From: Michael McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:37:27 +0000 (GMT)

> of course, he probably won't get this one, either.

An entirely capitals subject line probably didn't help either...

(MailStripper picked up on that one, and swung the bias towards it being 
spam - though that is by no means its only consideration.)

> > and the mail did not contain a valid MailKey.

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani Linux  --  http://www.eridani.co.uk  --  Linux Distros on CD-ROM
MailStripper -- http://www.eridani.co.uk/MailStripper -- strips out spam
              ** A tachyon: A gluon that isn't dry yet. **

---

From: Vernon Schryver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:36:13 -0700 (MST)

> From: [email-masked]

>since sliced bread and will cure AIDS, the common cold, cancer, and blackheads.

That might be a good point if this nonsense were the only thing that
is commonly and reasonably called a "whitelist."  It's not, but is
instead some kind of challenge-response probably supplemented with a
whitelist.

Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg