Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records

From: "Dr. Jeffrey Race" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:23:27 +0700

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:08:59 -0700 (MST), Vernon Schryver wrote:

>Sending
>from one domain name with a return address in another domain has always
>been an explicit design goal at least as far as the Reply-To header
>is concerned.  That the Sender header exists, suggests that differing
>SMTP client reverse DNS domaon name and Mail_From values has been a
>goal.  For at least 15 years allowing such mismatches have been a
>practical requirement.

Yes, I could not participate in this list were it otherwise.  I have
to get my mail at my USA POP server, but I must send from my current
location in Bangkok where the POP provider (AT&T) has no SMTP node.

Jeffrey Race

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Hadmut Danisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:44:39 +0100

> location in Bangkok where the POP provider (AT&T) has no SMTP node.

So if you have your POP server in the USA, why can't you use your
SMTP node is well? Why do you need such an asymmetry?

Hadmut