Subject: [Asrg] Anyone find this funny?

From: Jason Hihn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:46:07 -0500

Your message:

     RE: [Asrg] Opt-out lists and legislation

has been identified as unsolicited bulk email (SPAM) and discarded.

Thank you, 

SPAM Counter Measures

Who's the culprit that is on this list that is generating this message?

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:24:55 -0800

I would urge you to separate this list into two:

	[email-masked]
	[email-masked]

I find it a heck of a lot to wade through to find the research.

---

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:23:01 -0500

>Who's the culprit that is on this list that is generating this message?

It appears to be Anthony Howe <[email-masked]>.  I've sent several 
complaints but heard nothing.

It reminds me of the SecurityFocus virus info list, where someone 
signed up with  a filter that bounced any message that had the word 
"virus" in it.
-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
everyone else's.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Anthony Howe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:50:51 +0100

> complaints but heard nothing.

Yes its me and I'm VERY red around the ears just now.

The message was caught by filters I wrote in procmail and haven't 
updated or whitelisted the list. The past year two I got into being a 
little draconian about trying to filter Spam with sendmail and 
procmail, and hadn't yet gotten into using milters or SA on my 
personal server for filtering.

-- 
Anthony C Howe                            +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/     ICQ: 7116561      AIM: Sir Wumpus
"Will the real email please stand up..."

---

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:13:00 -0500

>Yes its me and I'm VERY red around the ears just now.

If subpoenaed I promise to claim that you were doing it solely as a 
demonstration of the dangers of filtering technology.
-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

---

From: cipherbk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:25:25 -0800 (PST)

Even better would be to just make the archives of this list actually
available.

The link to the archives at https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg
doesn't work...

> I find it a heck of a lot to wade through to find the research.

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Web Hosting - establish your business online
http://webhosting.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: cipherbk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:45:26 -0800 (PST)

Well, at least this one works:

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/index.html

--- cipherbk <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The link to the archives at