Subject: [Asrg] Anonymity and freedom of expression

From: "David F. Skoll" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:42:28 -0500 (EST)

I think any future e-mail system should provide a strong, unforgeable
statement (using the usual cryptographic techniques) on each e-mail.
The statement should read:

	The sender of this e-mail is authenticated.

Or:

	The sender of this e-mail is not authenticated.

End-users can then choose what to do with mail from unauthenticated
senders.  I don't see how this hurts anyone's freedom of expression.

I don't think we should force all e-mail senders to be authenticated,
but we should force the existence (or lack) of authentication to be
clearly visible.

--
David.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg