Subject: RE: [Asrg] Nucleus of a draft BCP on filtering

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:33:39 -0800

> it's fine with me if you declare it spam for your purposes, as long as
> you don't insist that it be spam for everyone else's purposes.

I think the definition should be 'unwanted by the recipient'. 

So yes, if you send me a bunch of out of office mails and a bunch of 
callback loop questions, I will consider it spam.

	Phill
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:39:33 -0500

> > it's fine with me if you declare it spam for your purposes, as long
> > as you don't insist that it be spam for everyone else's purposes.
> 

works for me.  but if we can't all agree on this, let's just use more
precise terms and get on with more substantive issues...

Keith