Subject: [Asrg] Will someone PLEASE remove [email-masked]?

From: Jim Youll <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:02:48 -0500

My Dear God this is annoying. Would someone PLEASE remove this guy 
from the list?
Please?

disclaimer: I do not and never have worked for, and barely can spell, Verisign.

>From: [email-masked]
>Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:55:48 +0000
>X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: RE:- RE: [ASRG] BLOCKING DYNAMIC IP RANGES
>X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-new
>
>The email you sent to me with the subject line as above has been 
>rejected due to the fact that my email account is protected from 
>SPAM by MailKey.   You are not (yet) on my 'A-list' of approved 
>senders, and the mail did not contain a valid MailKey.
>
>To successfully send the email to me, you need to obtain a MailKey 
>from the MailKey website.
>
>A MailKey is a short unique code which will allow the email to be 
>delivered  you simply insert the MailKey anywhere in the subject 
>line, and re-send the email to me.
>
>The service is free, is very easy, and should take less than 1 minute to use!
>
>Please go to 
>http://www.mailkey.com/pklookup.aspx?to=[email-masked]&amp;from=[email-masked] 
>to obtain the MailKey you need.
>
>To retrieve the email you sent please go to 
>http://www.mailkey.com/retrievebody.aspx?id=2330
>
>If you want to use the free MailKey service to lock out SPAM from 
>your email account, or find out more about MailKey, please go to 
>http://www.mailkey.com

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Mar 2003 12:35:57 -0600

> My Dear God this is annoying. Would someone PLEASE remove this guy

I have added mailkey.com to my personal blacklist.  I now expect to be
lectured by Ken about how I don't understand the social assumptions
implicit in human conversation and how rude it is to blacklist anyone
who is on this mailing list.  Ken will probably even tell me that I'm
doing this as retribution because it is unlikely that I will ever
remove this ban.

-wayne

---

From: Chuq Von Rospach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:45:12 -0800

> lectured by Ken about

Oh, great. This place is now a USENET group, and we're having a meta 
fight over kill files.

At the rate this discussion is moving forward, we're about two weeks 
from "Mr. Watson. Come here. I need you"

---

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 19:55:38 -0500

>doing this as retribution because it is unlikely that I will ever

Now all we need to do is find this mysterious "Ken" and let him know.

But if Tim's contribution to this list has been human conversation, 
then so is the neighbor's car alarm going off all night.

Just make sure you don't bounce his auto-replies--these guys probably 
send responses to MAILER-DAEMON as well.  :-)
-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
everyone else's.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: David Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:04:57 -0600

I did and they do.
(I only bounced one so I don't know if this thing loops)

---

From: Chuq Von Rospach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:46:24 -0800

me, I 4xxed the domain in my access file. I hope it amuses them when 
they notice.