Subject: [Asrg] Requirements for gathering statistics

From: "Alan DeKok" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:42:07 -0500

I've received a significant amount of private mail about this topic.
Most express concerns about bias due to "who decides what is spam, and
how do they do that."

  I am in the process of writing a draft document which proposes
reasons for gathering data, goals, which measurements to make about
spam, how to make them, and how the data analysis is done.  When I'm
done (within a week, I hope), I will post it here for further
comments.

  The document will include an introduction to data collection
methodology, and examples which will hopefully make it clear that:

  a) we CAN gather meaningful statistics about spam
  b) analysis of that data will help us understand the current scope
     of the problem.

  Alan DeKok.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg