Subject: [Asrg] Just when you thought it was safe....

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:39:50 -0500

http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.pdf

(may be slashdotted)

The message I got from this was "The spammers haven't even started on
exhausting all the methods already available for getting addresses...."

---

From: John Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:55:03 -0800

Valdis,

You beat me to it.  I was preparing a post to the list on this report 
(which came out today), and I'm on the agenda tomorrow to give a very brief 
overview of the report.  To put the report in context, it is aimed at end 
users, not techies, and its focus is on "how did the spammer get my address 
in the first place."  FYI the report is also available in HTML:

http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.shtml

Be warned - the report was slashdotted this morning and we've had 30,000+ 
downloads so far -- and our site is very slow because of it....

John

At 03:39 PM 3/19/03 -0500, you wrote:
http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.pdf

(may be slashdotted)

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg