Subject: [Asrg] 6. Solutions - Replacing SMTP - GIEIS

From: "Mark McCarron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:48:26 +0000

Thankyou for your comments.  My comments are in the body of the message 
below.  This post refers to the 'GIEIS' system currently at version 0.003.  
An update was carried out on the next 4th July 2003.  Datails of the 'CAA' 
have be released as well as details regarding the 'CICFS' filtration system. 
  'GIEIS' has an extensive list of systems to be added and they will appear 
as soon as the documentation can be written.

The 'GIEIS' system can be viewed here at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/giza.necropolis

Mark McCarron.

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 13
>Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:32:27 -0400
>To: "Mark McCarron" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
>Subject: 6. Solutions - Replacing SMTP - GIEIS (was Re: [Asrg] Re:
>   'GIEIS' - The Fourth Response (Esa Laitinen))
>
>Mr. McCarron,
>
>Case in point:
>
>On July 1st EU countries started charging VAT taxes on most digital
>transactions performed by non-EU companies to EU consumers. EU laws seem to
>apply here to companies outside the jurisdiction of the EU.
>

Mark's Response:

This is really import duty, a taxsation on goods imported into a 
country/region.  This has two main puposes, generate revenue and to 
stabilize economies from the impact of cheap imports.  This is a completely 
different legal area than a port scan.

Mark McCarron
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/giza.necropolis

_________________________________________________________________
Find a cheaper internet access deal - choose one to suit you. 
http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg