Subject: Re: [Asrg] 4d. Consent Framework - Language for consent

From: "John Fenley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:26:22 -0600

From: "Yakov Shafranovich" <[email-masked]>
>Can a language for expressing consent be based on RuleML? See this site 
>that discusses RuleML spec:
>
>http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/ruleml/

In my opinion this would be much to complex.
I feel users should need to make as few decisions as possible to express 
their wanted consent system.
You don't want to confuse people or they won't use it.

The few choices they make should be clear, and should really mean something.

John Fenley
www.Choicelist.com

_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online  
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:03:15 +0100

> You don't want to confuse people or they won't use it.

I don't believe that most users will sit down and write their consent
expression in vi. I'd expect that providers or MUA authors will provide
some nice GUI for this purpose. I think the question is - would something
like RuleML serve for representing Consent Expression. Remember that we
need some vendor-neutral form for conveying CE between entities in the MTS.
Given that we're envisaging the CE as some kind of production system, and
given that this is the domain that RuleML works in, the answer has to be a
firm "maybe" :-)

--