Subject: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Titan Key reduces spam attacks

From: "Peter Kay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:31:53 -1000

I've posted an updated log file analysis of spam sent to
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  which is an
old email address of mine that is still in use but under the protection
of The Titan Key. 
 
that log file is at: http://www.titankey.com/misc/logs/logPK.xls
<http://www.titankey.com/> 
 
We're happy to report that with about 100 days of analysis, the trend of
spam attacks to this email address is DOWN.  To our knowledge this is
the only anti-spam software that has demonstrated this capability. 
 
As we've mentioned before, our technology responds with a 550 no such
user after analyzing the MAIL FROM and RCPT TO against a consent
database.    This has the dual benefit of saving bandwidth (email
contents are never sent) and, as shown above, reducing the attacks over
time.
 
Peter

---

From: "Tom Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:19:25 +0100

Messageeems to me that you have done some pretty ropy analysis.

did you discard the obviously anomalous outlier at day 106?

I did some quick analysis after discarding day 94 and day 106.  Conclusion:
no significant trend.  There may be a slight tren for the counts to
increase, but it certainly isn't something I would bet on from this data.  I
certainly wouldn't claim a decreasing trend.

Tom

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Peter
Kay
  Sent: 31 July 2003 19:32
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Titan Key reduces
spam attacks

  I've posted an updated log file analysis of spam sent to
[email-masked] which is an old email address of mine that is still
in use but under the protection of The Titan Key.

  We're happy to report that with about 100 days of analysis, the trend of
spam attacks to this email address is DOWN.  To our knowledge this is the
only anti-spam software that has demonstrated this capability.

  As we've mentioned before, our technology responds with a 550 no such user
after analyzing the MAIL FROM and RCPT TO against a consent database.
This has the dual benefit of saving bandwidth (email contents are never
sent) and, as shown above, reducing the attacks over time.

  Peter