Subject: [Asrg] 'GIEIS' - The Final Response?

From: "John Fenley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:51:15 -0600

I have reviewed GIEIS and here is what I make of it.

1. You are asking senders to volunteer or even pay to cripple their ability 
to send email.

2. Your authentication seems to need to verify both the sending, and the 
receiving process.

3. Your rate limiting on domestic accounts does not seem to be very 
effective.

4. You are trying to track every email sent anywhere from a central point.

5. Because your system cannot handle any email that did not originate within 
the system, there is no advantage to early adopters. Your system will only 
be effective at high rates of adoption… on the order of 80%, and people will 
use what is effective.

There are many systems that can prevent spam if everyone does what you tell 
them… telling people not to send spam is and example of such a system, and 
it seems to have about the same chance of widespread adoption.

John Fenley

_________________________________________________________________
STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg