Subject: [Asrg] re: UNSUBSCRIBE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:05:34 EDT

TAKE MY EMAIL ADDRESS OFF YOUR MAILING LIST

Subject: RE: [Asrg] Proposal: NO_XMIT DNS record
From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Daniel Feenberg'" <[email-masked]>, Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Cc: Florian Weimer <[email-masked]>, Walter Dnes <[email-masked]>, ASRG list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:32:57 -0700
List-Id: Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF <asrg.ietf.org>

I don't think that a reverse MX record should be prohibitive.

It is fair for a reverse MX record to have a statement such as 'this is a
dialup' or 'this is a broadband consumer account' or 'this address not
issued'. But that should be seen as an input to the filter/accept criteria.

If a person on a dialup line uses some form of authentication to prove that
they are not a spammer they should be able to send mail by that means.

The MAPS lists this proposal would replace are not 'do not accept' lists,
they are purely descriptive.

This proposal could be extended to support additional security related
semantics. If I know an address simply has not been issued I can take rather
more aggressive DoS prevention measures out to the cloud.

        Phill

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg