Subject: [Asrg] 7c. Best Practices Documents - Mass Mailers (was Re: [Asrg] New to the list)

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:41:15 -0400

At 12:09 PM 7/20/2003, Mark Ferguson wrote:
>........
>I was looking for the Best Practices section for the ASRG and did not
>find them readily available.
>
>Any online best practices might be tied to the brick and mortar world as
>well.  My reasoning for this is simply to reward good business ethics
>instead of rewarding bad ethical practices.
>
>To this end, we have created a project to do this.  Some of the other
>principals you may know or may not know.
>......

Would you be willing to do some work on BCPs?  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Chris Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:49:28 -0400

> Would you be willing to do some work on BCPs? 

I've been involved in drafting some BCPs on filtering and DNSBLs, tho, 
they're still works in progress.

How would I get these things into the ASRG "process"?

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:07:01 -0400

>How would I get these things into the ASRG "process"?

This falls under item 7b - BCP for Mail Administrators in the research 
agenda (http://www.irtf.org/asrg/asrg_research_agenda.htm). You can do 
several things to get them into the ASRG process:
1. Volunteer to take care of that item - 7b - which includes all BCPs for 
mail administrators. This would include coordinating various other people 
to write and maintain BCPs.
2. Volunteer to take care of at some BCPs, and submit drafts to the mailing 
list. This would entail maintaining the documents only and updating them 
according to the responses from the list.

Keep in mind existing RFCs on BCPs which are listed on 
(http://www.irtf.org/asrg/asrg_documents.htm): RFCs 2505, 2635 and 3098.

Yakov