Subject: RE: [Asrg] 0 - General - Summary to date?

From: Paul Judge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 09:05:37 -0400

Yes, there are a number of topics being discussed currently. To help keep
track of the conversations on the mailing list, we proposed simple posting
guidelines that involve placing the work item number and appropriate
description in the subject of each post. These brief guidelines are on the
website and are as follows:

'All conversation on this mailing list must be regarding one of the work
items outlined in the ASRG Work Items document below. The subject of each
email should begin with the number of the appropriate work item. For
example, "2.a - Spam Measurement Survey Requirements" or "6 - Proposal for
hash-based traceback system". The list volume makes it difficult to follow
individual conversations and to filter the noise. This will help eliminate
both problems. This is a research group. If you have constructive feedback,
please share it in an appropriate manner. If you just feel like saying that
"spam can not be stopped" or "this group will fail because I said so", then
you should state those things elsewhere. This mailing list is for discussion
towards the goals of the group as stated in the charter.'

We had moved away from enforcing this. We have now moved back towards this.
As you see over the last week a decent percentage of the postings have
contained this information. All: please take this as a reminder to use this
format for all postings to the group. If anyone would like to suggest other
items or categories for the work items list, please do so.

There are other 'rules of engagement' that we are putting together to help
solve some of the current inefficiencies of the mailing list. These proposed
mailing list guidelines should be posted to the group in the coming week.

On the ASRG's website ( http://www.irtf.org/asrg ), you will find a couple
of things useful in keeping track of the overall work of the group:

1. List of ASRG work items: http://www.irtf.org/asrg/asrg-work-items.txt

2. Summary of mailing list discussions as related to the work items:
http://www.elan.net/~william/asrg/index.htm

Beyond this, we are working to keep the ASRG website and the summary of
mailing list discussions updated more often. We will also begin to create
regular summaries of the mailing list discussions. A group member has agreed
to contribute to these roles. We are working out the details such as how
often this will occur, etc.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: C. Wegrzyn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 1:16 PM
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Asrg] Summary to date?
> 
> 
> I've noticed recently that we have 3 or 4 separate 
> conversations going 
> on in parallel. I am finding it very difficult to keep things 
> straight. 
> I was wondering if it would be possible to get a summary of exactly 
> where we are in ASRG.
> 
> Regards,
> Chuck Wegrzyn
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Asrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg
> 

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "C. Wegrzyn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:34:59 -0400

http://www.cyberangels.nl/evidence/mailfile.html