Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: Warning people of "intent to send" large quantities of email

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:43:02 -0400

At 03:13 PM 7/2/2003 -0400, Barry Shein wrote:

>On July 1, 2003 at 17:48 [email-masked] (Bob Wyman) wrote:
>  > It has been suggested that folk like the FTC should "talk with spam
>  > filtering companies" prior to sending out large quantities of mail --
>  > even if that mail is unquestionably "non-spam." This is easy to say.
>  > However, it isn't obvious to me who these "spam filter companies" are.
>  > If I was going to send out a few hundred thousand legitimate messages
>  > sometime next week, who would I warn? How would I contact them?
>
>Offer money and they'll volunteer themselves.
>[..]

Offer money to who? For what? Who will decide who gets what? Who will 
distribute it?  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg