Subject: [Asrg] 'GIEIS' - The Sixth Response

From: "Mark McCarron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:52:20 +0000

Thankyou for your comments.  My comments are in the body of the message 
below.  This post refers to the 'GIEIS' system currently at version 0.003.  
An update was carried out on the next 4th July 2003.  Datails of the 'CAA' 
have be released as well as details regarding the 'CICFS' filtration system. 
  'GIEIS' has an extensive list of systems to be added and they will appear 
as soon as the documentation can be written.

The 'GIEIS' system can be viewed here at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/giza.necropolis

Mark McCarron.

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:26:58 -0400
>From: Philip Miller <[email-masked]>
>To: ASRG <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: The Solution To Spam - The First Response (Ken 
>Hirsch)
>
>Mark McCarron wrote:
>
> > I must agree with Ken.  It only makes sense to raise the current
> > pricing schemes to remove illegitimate companies from the Internet,
> > leaving only those with significant investments in the web business
> > free to win back public support.
> >
> > By rasing the 'bar' of initial expenditure verus return we could
> > eliminate a significant porportion of Internet fraud.  'GIEIS' will
> > employ this technique as well as others.
>
>But how do we accomplish this without eliminating all free enterprise on
>the Internet, where anyone with access can establish themselves as a
>meaningful entity, rather than turning the Internet into what exists now
>in broadcast television, where viewers are wholly passive entities with
>no direct influence on the medium?
>The bottom line is that requiring business registration creates a much
>higher hurdle for starting new online businesses, and this is
>unacceptable, seeing what the existing freedom on the Internet has given
>the world aside from spam.
>
>--
>Philip Miller
>
>

Mark's Response:

This is the point entirely.  By raising these standards we get better 
quality companies able to deal with the pressures of a global market place.  
If we established a minimum of £5,000 per year even, it would remove the 
majority of Internet Fraud.  These measures would only draw more businesses 
and customers to web based enterprise.  Free services would remain 
uneffected as the majority of their costs would be well in 10 times the 
excess of £5,000 anyway.  It does present a bigger hurdle for new businesses 
to come online, however, there will be more credibility associated with it 
when it does happen.

Mark McCarron

_________________________________________________________________
Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends 
http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg