Subject: [Asrg] News Article - Telemarketers moving to spam

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 01:25:22 -0400

Take a look at this CNN Money article 
(http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/02/news/companies/telemarketers/):

----snip----
Companies that are major users of telemarketing calls are preparing to 
shift efforts to e-mail and direct mail once a new federal "do-not-call" 
list takes effect in October, according to a published report.

The Wall Street Journal said Wednesday that companies such as AT&T and 
Allstate Insurance are looking to shift some of their sales efforts away 
from the phone solicitations that have been central to their business plans 
in the past.

"We plan to shift into other communication mediums, and rely more heavily 
on traditional TV advertising and e-mail marketing," Allstate acting Chief 
Marketing Officer Todd DeYoung told the paper. "We also plan to stimulate 
inbound call volume by doing more directed advertising and more direct mail."
---snip---

The original WSJ article is available at 
(http://online.wsj.com/article_print/0,,SB105709304831164600,00.html). 

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg