Subject: [Asrg] A Little Background on 'GIEIS' And A Few Surprises

From: "Mark McCarron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:09:09 +0000

A Little Background on 'GIEIS' And A Few Surprises - Global ISP Email 
Identity System

'GIEIS' or the 'Global ISP Email Identity System' was developed in response 
to Bill Gate's open letter regarding spam.  By combining the frameworks of 
consent expression, both fail-open and fail-closed policy enforcement, and 
source tracking, 'GIEIS' would effectively eliminate all Internet spam, 
virus', worms, trojans, hoax emails, and any form of fraudulent emails.

Further considerations also spurred the design of 'GIEIS':

1.  Protection of children from pornographic material in their email.
2.  Loss of business due to lack of trust of Internet companies.
3.  The spread of child pornography through Usenet and other Newsgroups.
4.  The loss of Internet subscribers.
5.  The spread of virus', trojans. and worms.
6.  Protection of people from fraudulent emails such as those requesting 
account details, or destroying a companies reputation.

The main reasoning behind designing 'GIEIS' was simply the protection of 
children.  We had to design a system that would both allow legitimate email 
and uncensored access to services yet provide complete protection for 
children.  'GIEIS' allows for this by the sheer nature of it architecture.  
Every email can be traced instantly back to account level.  From here, its a 
simple process of checking telephone records.  For those who think they are 
a little more clever and decide to use some form of proxy chain be it socks 
or anonymous proxy, 'GIEIS' has a little surprise for you.

'GIEIS' will scan the Internet 24 hours a day for open ports, test them and 
catalogue them.  'GIEIS' will offer a plug-in script for any web based 
email's authentication process.  This script will compare the IP address of 
the connecting machine against its database of ports that are open.  Any 
match will result in being denied access and the account will be flagged.  
If further access attempts are made from a false address, an email is sent 
to the account to inform the owner that someone was attempting to access the 
account and will list information of the access attempt.  This email will 
only be sent once to prevent flooding attempts. The email provider will be 
informed and they are left to make their own decisions. Additional 
information can be retrived via an automated bot mailer system.  Just send 
an email to 'GIEIS' with the subject GIEIS REPORT and 'GIEIS' will return 
all information it has on that particular account.

In my view, spam is not an 'email only' issue.  It has become a problem that 
I think should be difined as 'bot spam'.  That is, those litte programs that 
invade our chat rooms and instant messengers offering us any number of 
lovely sites (note the sarcasm).  This is the most disturbing aspect as far 
as children on the internet are concerned.  'GIEIS' would eliminate these 
bots by monitoring chat server connection rates and flagging suspisous 
connections.  The system would then use heuristics to analyse the content of 
the texts.  If any triggers are tripped the system will make a direct 
connection to the chat window.  It will identify itself and state a simple 
question to validate that you are human.  If the response fails the session 
is discontinued for that user, if it passes the 'human test' then it is 
allowed to continue its session and heuristics stops.  It will be possible 
to trigger 'human tests' more than once, this will prevent companies from 
hiring a small number of people to pass the tests and then send large 
volumes of 'bot spam'.

The questions you really have to ask yourself are these:

Do you want uncensored access to the Internet Services?
Do you want your children protected when they go online?
Do you want to be able to give out your email address without fear of spam?
Do you want to see the end to virus', worms, and trojans?
Do you want to see programs like ICQ bot free?
Do you want better throughput on your connections?
Do you want to see the end to child pronography in Usenet and other 
newgroups?
Do you want spam out of newsgroups?

If your answer is yes, then 'GIEIS' is what you have been waiting for.  I am 
asking that you assist in any manner that you can from drafting guidelins to 
help update the SMTP protocol to GSMTP.

Mark McCarron.

_________________________________________________________________
Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger 
http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg