Subject: Re: [Asrg] Consent Proposal

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:18:26 +0100

> The charter goes on and on about consent, however aside from Gordon's
> HTML
> blocking thread, there has been no discussion of that. 

Oooh, and I just remembered ...
<[email-masked]> the
"Four oracles model" from Hadmut Danisch

although this was strictly in regard to taxonimies of anti-spam
systems - it might also be useful (?) in suggesting a general framework

--

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:18:29 -0400

>systems - it might also be useful (?) in suggesting a general framework

There is also an old taxonomy on the site from the chair 
(http://www.irtf.org/asrg/draft-asrg-taxonomy-anti-spam-systems.txt) and an 
ancient list of requirements 
(http://www.irtf.org/asrg/draft-asrg-anti-spam-requirements.txt). I think 
Eric Williams was working on more updated documents for these.

Yakov

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:23:26 -0400

>systems - it might also be useful (?) in suggesting a general framework

Very interesting, the original message is at 
https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg01027.html. 
(BTW, we need a search engine here).

--snip--
o First stage: We receive(d) a message, feed that message and all 
connection information to the first oracle and ask: "What do we know about 
the sender/origin/history of that message?"

o Second stage: We feed the message and the first oracle's answer to the 
second oracle and ask: "Is that message spam?"

o Third stage: We feed the message and the answers of the first and second 
oracle's answers to the third oracle and ask: "What do we do with that 
particular message?"

o Fourth stage: We feed the message and the former answers to the fourth 
oracle and ask: "How do we react, what (c|sh)ould we do to prepare for 
future, to improve the first three oracles, to make the sender stop?"