Subject: RE: [Asrg] US Spam patents: Partial list

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:06:53 -0400

At 03:51 PM 7/1/2003 -0400, Bob Wyman wrote:

>Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
>Re: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?patentnumber=6587550
> >Does this seems to cover all kinds of e-stamp systems?
>         It certainly seems to cover some of them. Nonetheless, I'm sure
>you appreciate that it is very hard to make flat statements about what
>is covered by any particular patent.

It seems to at least cover systems where the receiver wants the sender to 
pay before the email goes through. I vaguely remember one commercial system 
like that.

Also, what about patent # 5,999,967? It seems to cover generic e-stamps?

Also, patent #  6,192,114 by the same person which is assigned to CBT Partners.

Yakov  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg