Subject: [Asrg] (no subject)

From: "John Fenley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:18:14 -0600

From: "John Fenley" <[email-masked]>
>From: "Alan DeKok" <[email-masked]>
>>I think you hit the nail on the head, there. Establishing mutual
>>consent is NOT about ensuring "legitimate" behaviour, and it's NOT
>>about enforcing that behaviour. It's about the sender being able to
>>make statements about his behaviour, and the recipient being able to
>>choose to stop communicating with the sender when his actions don't
>>match his words.
>
>Hey that's a great idea!
>What if there was a system that could allow that to happen....wish I'd 
>thought of that.
>Oh wait...
>

Perhaps I was a bit hasty and sarcastic in this post.
I have been working for 3 months on a system I call Choicelist that would 
allow senders to describe how they will send their mail, and allow 
recipients to block mail that did not match the senders description, as well 
as filter on other consent based decisions. This was to prevent spoofing, 
but I see now it works both ways as it allows a sender to prove themselves 
regardless of ISP or connection.
You can see an early version at my website:  www.choicelist.com

I do feel that Mr. DeKok is absolutely correct, and I wish I were able to 
word my statements as well as he did:
“It's about the sender being able to make statements about his behaviour, 
and the recipient being able to choose to stop communicating with the sender 
when his actions don't match his words.”

John Fenley
www.choicelist.com
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/workshops/spam/Supplements/fenley.pdf

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg