Subject: [Asrg] New to the list

From: Mark Ferguson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:09:12 -0700

Greetings all,

Some of you may know me some of you may not so I thought I would write a
little about myself as a way of introducing myself.

Ted, I am glad to see you on this list.

I think that stopping spam has overshadowed the reason(s) why we go to
such great lengths to stop the junk... to keep email a useful tool for
communication.

I was looking for the Best Practices section for the ASRG and did not
find them readily available.

Any online best practices might be tied to the brick and mortar world as
well.  My reasoning for this is simply to reward good business ethics
instead of rewarding bad ethical practices.

To this end, we have created a project to do this.  Some of the other
principals you may know or may not know.

I apologize if this is inappropriate for this list but I think all
aspects of the spam issue must be addressed and the good guys that
follow the rules but are inappropriately blacklisted has not been
addressed.

Questions and/or comments?

--
Mark Ferguson
The Carrot and the Stick
http://www.whew.com/Help/
http://the-carrot-and-the-stick.com/

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg