Subject: [Asrg] 1. Problem Analysis - Description of Analysis Subgroup

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:02:50 -0500

This subgroup is currently active, and is being headed by Terry Sullivan 
and Peter Kay.

This information can also be found at:
http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/analysis.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
Adequate solutions to any problem (including spam) require a rich and 
precise understanding of the nature of the problem itself, an 
understanding firmly grounded in observation and measurement.

The Analysis & Characterization Group (ACG) applies empirical and 
quantitative methods to problems and issues surrounding spam--where it 
comes from, what it looks like, ways to eliminate it. The focus and 
contribution of the ACG is more diffuse than specific, more 
methodological than technical. Areas of interest include (but are not 
limited to):
Data acqusition and dissemination
Research design
Measurement & metrics
Data analysis and interpretation
(ASRG ACG Draft Charter, Rev0.2, October 13, 2003)

Status:
Formed in October of 2003, currently active.

Chairs:
Peter Kay (Titan Key)
Dr. Terry Sullivan (Pantos.org)

Membership:
This subgroup has a closed membership policy, to join, contact the ASRG 
chairs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-Chair, ASRG

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send" (Jon 
Postel)
-------

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg