Subject: RE: [Asrg] S/MIME

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:53:19 -0800

> Isn't that what DNSSEC is suppose to address?  That certainly 
> doesn't have the scalability problems like PGP.

It does not have a necessary scalability issue, but the spec
was deliberately sabotaged to stop deployment in dotcom and
dotnet.

The number of barriers to deployment of DNSSEC is growing so
long it is just not funny. Even if the technical spec is approved
you still have to persuade the registrars to modify their 
registration process and that is not even considering the 
regulatory angle.

Fortunately it is almost certainly not necessary to have 
DNSSEC for purposes of anti-spam authentication mechanisms.

		Phill

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg