Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - FCC soliciting comments on mobile spam rules

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:57:08 -0500

From (http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-244843A1.pdf):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specifically, the Commission asked for comments on, among other things:

o The ability of senders to determine whether a message is a mobile
commercial electronic mail message and methods to enable the sender to
make this determination; for instance, whether there should be a list 
of, or standard naming convention for domain names, or an individual 
registry of e-mail addresses. Another area for comment is that of 
automatic challenge-response mechanisms that alert senders they are 
sending their message to such a subscriber.

o How to provide subscribers with the ability to avoid receiving mobile
service commercial messages sent without the subscribers’ prior consent,
and how to indicate electronically a desire not to receive future mobile
service commercial messages from specific senders.

o Whether commercial cellular providers should be exempted from having 
to obtain express prior authorization before sending a commercial 
message to their customers.

o How senders can comply with the Act in general, given the unique
technical limitations, particularly message length limitations and the
information required to be included in messages by the Act.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yakov

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg