Subject: [Asrg] 3b. SMTP Session Verification - Trust model

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:18:55 -0500

There has been talk about reputation and accreditation surrounding the 
identity discussions involving LMAP proposals. In the SMTP Verify 
subgroup there was talk of a general trust model or framework for 
exchanging reputation/accreditation information unifying the various 
schemes in use today and being proposed. In particular the following 
message outlines one proposal:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.asrg.smtpverify/329

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Defining Trust and Reputation

To begin:

Define all the input information streams in the proposed
protocol/method. Identify what allows the *recipient* to
rely on each one -- these are the trusted introducers.
Cross-reference the list of trust introducers and inputs.
Present for discussion.

Then, we need to work on things such as the list of trusted
witnesses, the parametrized trust model starting from "trust
no one" and the parametrized risk model. We need to choose
a risk model too.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg