Subject: [Asrg] videos of the IETF BoF

From: wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:57:03 -0600

Hi.

There has been some discussion on the SPF-discuss mailing list about
the recent BoF on anti-spam systems.  I thought you folks might be
interested in it also.

For those that want to see this session, you can download an mpeg from:

ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/pub/videolab/video/ietf59/ietf59-ch1-thur-am_040304_0845_5.mpg

Note that this mpeg is 1.2GB of nice high res pictures of people
talking in stereo sound at 192kbps.

I have created a smaller file (over a factor of 6 smaller) that has
almost the same quality.  The bad news is that this mpeg does not seem
to run on Windows.  It appears to work fine on Linux and *BSD using
mplayer and xine, but no one has found any program to display it on
Windows.  I'm not a video geek and I know just enough about this stuff
to be dangerous.  :-<

Sorry Windows people.  If some kind person with a clue would help me
out, or do the conversion themselves, that would be great.

The Unix mpeg is available via bittorrent at:

http://www.midwestcs.com/IETF_videos/ietf_marid.mpg.torrent

I need bittorrent users to keep their torrents up, I can not provide
that much bandwidth.  BitTorrent plugins can ben found at: 
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

There are rumors that this video works under Win2K using the 
Videolan client.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

They have a MacOSX port to.

I also suspect it will work fine under Mac OS X, with the mplayerOSX
binaries.  See:

http://mplayerosx.sourceforge.net/

-wayne

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "william(at)elan.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:05:30 -0800 (PST)

For windows try the following links (ffdshow is probably what you need):

ffdshow: http://cutka.szm.sk/ffdshow or
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow
XviD:    http://www.xvid.org
ffmpeg:  http://ffmpeg.org
mplayer: http://www.mplayerhq.hu

---

From: "Za'mbori, Zolta'n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:27:48 +0100

> http://www.midwestcs.com/IETF_videos/ietf_marid.mpg.torrent

http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/IETF_videos/ietf_marid.mpg.torrent

z2