Subject: [Asrg] Re: And filtering SMIME Sigs from digets..

From: Jim Witte <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:06:23 -0500

> Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
> Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
> Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
>
> MIAGCSqGSIb3DQEHAqCAMIACAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMIAGCSqGSIb3DQEHAQAAoIINcDC 
> C
> A2IwggLLoAMCAQICEAvaCxfBP4mOqwl0erTOLjMwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQECBQAwXzELMAkGA1U 
> E

   To add to my last email about the possibility of filtering HTML from  
digests, I could add SMIME attachements...

Jim Witte
[email-masked]
Indiana University CS

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Jim Witte <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:03:03 -0500

> I don't think that very many people are going to need the expensive 
> high end
> accreditation services that people like Margaret are using. If you are 
> not a
> bulk email sender the cost of accreditation should not be an issue. 
> Sure it
> will cost a lot to police the bulk senders, but not the people who 
> don't do
> anything that looks spammy.
>
>         Phill
>
>
> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C40DD9.ABDECE35
> Content-Type: text/html;
> 	charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> <snip>

   Can the maillist software running this list filter out HTML content 
from digests?  Considering that there seems no spec for making 
'concatenating' multipart-email messages, which I assume is how the 
digests are made (all the messages are just concatenated together, so 
MIME boundaries for individual messages no longer make sense.)

Jim Witte

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Mar 2004 23:11:35 -0000

>MIME boundaries for individual messages no longer make sense.)

Actually, there's a perfectly good MIME type for mail digests.
Majordomo2, which I use to host all the subgroup lists, can make MIME
digests, but Mailman, which is what the main ASRG list at the IETF
uses, doesn't seem to be able to do that.

I'm not a big fan of HTML mail, but indigestibility is not one of its
flaws.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
http://www.taugh.com