Subject: [Asrg] 6. Proposals

From: "Denny Figuerres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:35:44 -0500

Excuse me if I may have missed this some where.....

Perhaps one part of the solution will be to recommend some (I think) small
changes to how companies send out email to customers. The common practice of
hiring a third party to send out such emails as newletters airline
confirmations and so forth are done now in a way the can make it difficult
to classify them as HAM not spam for a few reasons:

1) The "From" and the sending MTA's DNS often do not mtach.
2) the DNS / IP of the sender may be included in a DNS RBL as a SPAM DOMAIN
3) attempting to check the [email-masked] fails as it does not exist or the
test is done at the bulk senders domain which does not match.

So could the company that is "sending" the email and the "bulk delivery
provider" fix-up the dns records and the sending mta "HELO" to match the
"From [email-masked]" to make whitlisting simpler and tracking back via
headers a bit sane-er ?

If this would not cause major issues it would clear up a lot of issues with
bulk delivery of legit emails.

Just my idea based on some real world problems .....

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg