Subject: Re: [Asrg] 2a .BCP - Handling Trojaned machines

From: "Dr. Jeffrey Race" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:56:15 +0700

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:11:12 -0500, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
> In regards to this specific method, we are currently 
>looking for volunteers to write a BCP on this and other methods of 
>dealing with hijacked machines from the originating network's point of 
>view

It's done already :)

  <http://www.camblab.com/misc/univ_std.txt> 
   
    based upon

  <http://www.camblab.com/nugget/spam_03.pdf>

Jeffrey Race

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:47:13 -0500

>   <http://www.camblab.com/nugget/spam_03.pdf>

Jeffrey,

Its a good document but what I had been thinking of is a BCP for 
specific measures such as detecting mail spikes and queing the mail, 
rate limiting, etc. in combination with a document such as the one you 
wrote. Your document defines general policy guidelines which are good, 
but we would still need a set of BCPs documentating the best current 
practices that are used by ISPs today for this purpose.

Yakov