Subject: Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals: LMTP proposals]

From: "Mark E. Mallett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 05:19:29 -0500

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 09:16:32AM +0000, Fridrik Skulason wrote:
> 
>    A spammer gains access to a compromised computer, and determines
>    the mail address of the owner of the machine.  The spam is then
>    sent out in the name of the owner of the machine, just as if
>    the real owner was actually pressing the keys.  
> 
> In other words, widespread implementation of LMAP (which would be a good
> thing) would lead to more compromised machines (which would be a bad 
> thing) ;-)

What solutions are there that don't suffer this problem?

(greylisting and other sorts of limiters might not, so much, but
that's the sort or things that "owning" machines get around, too.)

mm

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg