Subject: [Asrg] 2b. Filtering Standards - Description of New Subgroup

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:07:25 -0500

This information can also be found at:
http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/filtering.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
This subgroup will investigate standards for filtering for automatic 
updates and sharing of filtering information, and better interaction 
between filters, MTAs and MUAs.

Goals:
1. Investigate the requirements for a common header to be produced by 
filters (something like "Filtered-By"), so MUAs do not have to look for 
different types of headers. Included in this is research, are ways to 
deal with possible forging of these headers by spammers.
2. Research requirements for a filter specification format and possibly 
protocol, to be used for dynamic updates for filters. This will include 
research into whether existing formats and languages for filter rules 
such as SIEVE (RFC 3028) can be used for this purpose.
3. Provide one or more draft charters for an IETF WG and associated 
documents.

Status:
Currently in formation, will be starting in February of 2004.

Membership:
This subgroup has a closed membership policy, to join contact the ASRG 
chairs

Intendended Participants:
o Developers of filters
o ISPs and MTA administrators
o Developers of MTAs and MUAs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-Chair, ASRG

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"I ate your Web page. / Forgive me. It was juicy / And tart on my 
tongue." (MIT's 404 Message)
-------

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg