Subject: [Asrg] New Levels of Perfidy

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:48:09 -0700

My wife just described a new low thatthe spammers have sunk to.

They subscribe to a Yahoo group, send out spam to the group with
a notice at the bottom saying that if anyone has a problem with
the spam they should unsubscribe from the group.

Its a pretty nasty little scheme to takeover public forums for
private gain.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Jim Witte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:56:29 -0500

> [..] Its a pretty nasty little scheme to takeover public forums for
> private gain.

   And certainly  against Yahoo's policy (if they can catch the spammer, 
that is).  I wonder if Yahoo could sue them for a large amount of money 
for violating group policy if it is?

Jim