Subject: [Asrg] standard for antispam

From: "mel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:02:26 -0700

hi..i m mel..
i doing a research regarding antispam.
since there are too much of  so-called industry standard of antispam, which one is the accurate one ? recently i came across to RFC 2505, RFC 2365, and some internet draft regarding anti spam, where are these RFCs leading us? why some RFCs didn't work out?what are they trying to say about the standard og antispam?  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Peter Bowyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:31:39 +0100

<[email-masked]> wrote:
> since there are too much of  so-called industry standard of
> antispam, which one is the accurate one ?

An industry standard to do what, exactly? Anti-spam activity is a
combination of technical innovation, social engineering, legal action
and regulatory lobbying, and is moving at a frightening pace. What
would you have the industry (which industry?) do in a standard way?

> recently i came across to RFC 2505, RFC 2365

RFC2505 is a 5-year-old BCP document - some of what it suggests is
(these days) either blindingly obvious or way out of date - as you
might expect.

RFC2365 is about IP Multicast - not sure what the relevance is.

>, and some internet draft regarding anti spam, where are
> these RFCs leading us? why some RFCs didn't work out?
> what are they trying to say about the standard og antispam?  

Plenty of IDs around, certainly. Check out the archives of the IETF
MARID working group and various others at www.imc.org to read all you
ever wanted to know.

Peter