Subject: Re: [Asrg] Comments: draft-irtf-asrg-criteria-00.txt

From: Seth Breidbart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 01:54:38 -0500 (EST)

"Walter Dnes" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 06:51:26PM +0000, Justin Mason wrote

>  Don't engage in a battle you can't win.  Go with...
>  - our customer says he doesn't want your emails.  No, we don't know
>    why he doesn't want your emails.
>  - the customer is always right; end of story.
>  Don't give the spammers' lawyers anything to attack.
>
>> It's too subjective, and would outlaw DNSBL usage, as far as I
>> can tell...
>
>  Not at all.  It does require separate rules for each customer.

No, it doesn't.  My (hypothetical) policy is that if too many
customers complain about receiving the email, I block them for
everybody.  If any of my customers complain about not receiving the
email, I advise them how to get it past the blocks (e.g. with a free
email account forwarding to this one).

Separate rules, user-configurable, is a good way to go; it just isn't
necessary.

Seth

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg