Subject: [Asrg] Corrections/Mods (1.1 - 2)

From: Matthew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:49:27 +1100

Section 1.1

Currently: 'These DNSBls vary widely in integrity, strategy, methodology 
and stability'.

Comment:

Should we start with integrity? (implies the default problem is 
integrity of a list, when in reality it is usually the least of the problem)

Should we use the word 'purpose' instead of, or in addition to 'strategy'

What does 'stability' refer to?
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Chris Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 20:54:54 -0400

> What does 'stability' refer to?

Admittedly, "integrity" can be taken two different ways, not just the 
technical one.  I think I'll do this:

purpose, methodology, integrity and stability.

"stability" in the sense of technical availability.  "Reliability" might 
actually be better here, but, that has other conflicting overtones that 
I'd rather avoid.  So does integrity, but, we can do with one of those. 
  Just not two.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Andrew D Kirch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 03:23:30 -0400

> I'd rather avoid.  So does integrity, but, we can do with one of those. 
Although I am always fond of brevity, perhaps we should outright say 
"purpose for which the list was intended, the method the list uses to 
achieve the purpose, the integrity of those overseeing the method, and 
the stability of the technology used by those people to distribute the 
data."
I think at that point our intent is much more clear, and leaves very 
little room for mis-interpretation.

Andrew

---

From: "Chris Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:25:42 -0400

> the stability of the technology used by those people to distribute the 

I like, taken verbatim.