Subject: [Asrg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vesely-vhlo-02

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:59:26 +0200

I've rewritten the abstract and the intro. Is it now any clearer?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-vesely-vhlo-02
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-vesely-vhlo-02.txt has been successfuly 
submitted by Alessandro Vesely and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-vesely-vhlo
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Verified-Hello SMTP extension
Creation_date:	 2009-06-10
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
This memo defines an extension to the SMTP service that provides
protocol support for weak authentication of SMTP clients.  Weakly
authenticated clients enjoy an intermediate level of trust: they have
no relying privileges, but can attempt to deliver mail to local
users, are whitelisted from some filters, and may receive DSNs as
needed.

Note that this treatment is what SMTP recommends for all clients.
However, most servers operate filters to limit spam, thereby
affecting the reliability of the mail forwarding system.  Verified-
Hello aims at providing standard support for the mechanisms involved,
so that they can be managed and branded.

The IETF Secretariat.