Subject: Optical Channel MIB changes

From: Nathan Kohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:23:27 -0500

mark

in conversation you've mentioned a few changes you might make (additions
or deletions) to  the Optical Channel MIB since it was originally posted
for the San Diego IETF atommib session.

for the benefit of the WG could you summarize these changes, e.g.
alarms, add/drop, etc., any new info on the open issues from the meeting
and perhaps also comment on how this work with other WG such as disman.
(you may want to break it up into two or three emails in order to
establish threads)

also, according the charter changes regarding the Optical Channel MIB,
another rev was going to come out in january, do you think that will
still happen?

the next IETF mtg is only 2 months away, so i suppose that it is not to
early to be thinking about requesting a slot for atommib.

thanks
nathan kohn
[email-masked]

---

From: "Mark Stewart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:52:13 -0500

Nathan,

I am in the throws of implementation now and been escalated to
the technical management arena here in Raleigh so I am not going
to be as involved on a going forward basis.

WHo is going to be the editor for the optical MIB going forward?

The only addition I was thinking about was an add/drop table
that An-Ni and I have been discussing but we don't have anything
to present to the group as of yet.

Also I believe An-Ni and myself have recommended pulling the
ARC stuff out of the MIB in favor of the work being done in
the disman WG.

- Mark