Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Suggestion of further update to the optical MIB]

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:24:02 -0500

Dear all,

Listed below are the suggested updates to be made to version 01 of the
Optical MIB
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-atommib-opticalmib-01.txt
) 
to align with the changes in G.798 for fault causes and fix TCM.  Solution
for modeling the six-level ODUkT is not included yet.

1) Globally: Change TimActEnabled to TimActDisabled and TimDetEnabled to
TimDetDisabled to be consistent with the terms used in G.798

2) Section 3.5: Remove the entry "Top of Stack (TOP)"
 
3) Section 3.5.1: Remove  ds, ebc, fdi, fdiO, fdiP, losc, maxTosI, tovr,
tudr, and tz. Add bdiP, bdiO, tim, and lom.

4) In otnOTSnCurrentStatus, remove fdiP, fdiO, fdi, and bdi. Add bdiO and
bdiP. 

5) In otnOMSnCurrentStatus, remove fdiP, fdiO, fdi, and bdi. Add bdiO, bdiP
and ssf. 

6) In otnOChCurrentStatus, remove fdi and losc. Add losP, oci, ssfP, ssfO,
and lom. 

7) In the ODUkT config table, remove TopOfStack and MaxTopOfStack. Replace
LockAdminState by LockAdminStateSource and LockAdminStateSink

8) In otnODUkTCurrentStatus, remove ais, cMaxTosIngress, tovr, tz, and udr. 

9) Add a comment after otnODUkPCBRMapping saying that adaptation control for
other client signals, such as ATM VP, is not covered in the current version
of the MIB.

10) In the reference section, update the date and version of the G.872,
G.709, G.798, and G.874.

Regards,
Kam

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stewart [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 3:07 PM
To: AToM Working Group
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Suggestion of further update to the optical MIB]

Working Group,

I agree with the changes but would like to see how the tables in the
MIB will be affected by the maximum of 6 ODUk layers.

- Mark Stewart

"Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" wrote:
> 
> Dear all,
> In the version 01 (and version 00 also) of the optical MIB
>
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-atommib-opticalmib-01.txt
> ), the ODUkT (Tandem Connect Monitoring layer) and the fault causes in the
> current status of the OTN layers were modeled based on the 10/2000 version
> of G.709 (Interfaces for the Optical Transport Network) and G.798
> (Characteristics for OTN Hierarchy Equipment Functional Blocks). Earlier
> this month in the ITU-T Study Group 15 meeting, G.709 has been approved
and
> the draft G.798 has also been updated. In the approved version of G.709
and
> the 2/2001 version of G.798, updates have been made (w.r.t. the 10/2000
> version) regarding the ODUkT layer and fault causes.
> I suggested that the optical MIB be further updated to align with these
> changes of G.709 and G.798. Proposed changes will include:
> (1) Update the fault causes in the current status of the OTN layers to be
> consistent with G.798
> (2) Remove the Top Of Stack (TOS) related information from the ODUkT layer
> to be consistent with the fixed TCM function now in G.798
> (3) Updated the ODUkT table to allow multiple ODUkT terminations (maximum
6
> TCM layers) in an OTN device
> Any comments?
> Regards,
> Kam