Subject: Suggestion of further update to the optical MIB

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:52:02 -0500

Dear all,
In the version 01 (and version 00 also) of the optical MIB
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-atommib-opticalmib-01.txt
), the ODUkT (Tandem Connect Monitoring layer) and the fault causes in the
current status of the OTN layers were modeled based on the 10/2000 version
of G.709 (Interfaces for the Optical Transport Network) and G.798
(Characteristics for OTN Hierarchy Equipment Functional Blocks). Earlier
this month in the ITU-T Study Group 15 meeting, G.709 has been approved and
the draft G.798 has also been updated. In the approved version of G.709 and
the 2/2001 version of G.798, updates have been made (w.r.t. the 10/2000
version) regarding the ODUkT layer and fault causes. 
I suggested that the optical MIB be further updated to align with these
changes of G.709 and G.798. Proposed changes will include:
(1) Update the fault causes in the current status of the OTN layers to be
consistent with G.798
(2) Remove the Top Of Stack (TOS) related information from the ODUkT layer
to be consistent with the fixed TCM function now in G.798
(3) Updated the ODUkT table to allow multiple ODUkT terminations (maximum 6
TCM layers) in an OTN device
Any comments?
Regards,
Kam