Subject: about ATM network management

From: "Raquel Vigolvino Lopes / (Pos-Graduacao)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:14:48 -0400 (AST)

Hi!
I'm writing a survey about ATM fault and performance network
management. I'd like to know what kind of information about fault and
performance ATM network management you'd like to get from your network
management tool. For example, maybe you'd like to know how much bandwidth
your network is using with CBR traffic. I'm trying to list all this
information, which, unfortunately does not seem to be generally available
in the literature.
Another way of putting this is: I know what MIB variables are available
but there doesn't seem to be information available as to how this is
actually *used* for performance and fault management.
 
Your ideas will be very important to me!
Thanks in advance,

Raquel

Raquel Vigolvino Lopes
Ciencia da Computacao
http://www.dsc.ufpb.br/~rakel