Subject: 53rd AToMIB agenda items

From: Nathan Kohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:21:27 -0500

hello

it may be seem early,  but then again anything before the last minute usually
is.

the 53rd is in Minneapolis, MN, Mar 17-22, 2002.

for mtg details: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-53.html

i'll be happy to collect agenda items as they occur to you, 
i.e. sooner rather than ...

we will probably have two sessions again, one for just AToMMIB (one hour), 
and another jointly with hubmib (one hour). 

the session length requested will be adjusted once we have a sense of agenda.

nathan kohn
faye ly
atommib co-chairs

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:54:00 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Nathan Kohn wrote:
> it may be seem early,  but then again anything before the last minute
> usually is.
> 

If we stick by our schedule we expect to have the WIS MIB in WG last call
before the Minneapolis meeting.  My understanding from Dan Romascanu was
that the IEEE was by and large satisfied with our draft (and the proposed
resolutions of the four issues posted earlier).  There may be some changes
to the IEEE managed objects that we will need to fold in to the object
mapping section of the document, depending on how Lucent's comments got
resolved, but it should take long to fold in whatever changes are necessary
once the next 802.3ae draft shows up (this will be before the Feb 13-14
802.3ae interim meeting). I don't anticipate anything controversial coming
out of this.

My sense is that we will probably not need a joint hubmib/atommib session
to discuss issues with the WIS MIB (although that could change if
controversy arises in WG last call).  However ...

... the WIS MIB does need for the updated SONET-MIB (2558bis) to
be published concurrently.  We have received three implementation
reports on the list, but only one (Marconi's) claims support for
sonetVTStuff2 and sonetFarEndVTStuff2.  We need a second implementation
of those conformance groups in order to advance to draft.

If the second report for sonetVTStuff2 and sonetFarEndVTStuff2 is not
forthcoming by the time the WIS MIB has passed WG last call then my
inclination would be to request that the SONET-MIB be recycled at
proposed with the changes now in the 2558bis draft, with advancement
to be requested when the reports are in hand.

So, I'd like to propose a tentative agenda item (probably just for the
main AToMMIB meeting) to discuss the implementation reports for the
SONET-MIB and what to do about publication.  Hopefully Faye will have
received more reports by then.

Note that if we are able to advance 2558bis we will need to advance
RFC 2493 at the same time.  It does not need any technical changes
but might need to get the boilerplate properly updated as it does not
reference the latest RFCs.

Regards,

Mike