Subject: FW: Internet-Drafts Posting Update

From: "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:11:59 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF Secretariat [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 5:25 PM
To: IETF Announcement list
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Internet-Drafts Posting Update 

There has been much confusion within the community about the revised 
Internet-Draft boilerplate requirements.  Therefore, to ensure that 
Internet-Drafts are posted in a timely fashion, the Secretariat will not check 
for compliance with the new boilerplate until after the 60th IETF Meeting in San
Diego, California.

Specifically, the Secretariat will post all version 00 Internet-Drafts that 
were submitted prior to July 12th at 9:00 a.m. ET and all version 01+ 
Internet-Drafts that are submitted prior to July 19th at 9:00 a.m. ET regardless
of whether or not they include the revised boilerplate.  If you submitted a 
version 00 Internet-Draft before the cutoff date, and if it is not posted by 
Wednesday, July 14th at 4:00 p.m. ET, then please contact the Secretariat by 
sending a note to [email-masked].  The suggested subject line for this 
note is: Status of I-D Submission: <filename>. 

For information on the current boilerplate requirements, please refer to the 
section entitled "Notices required in Internet-Drafts" of the "Guidelines to 
Authors of Internet-Drafts" (http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt).  We 
encourage you to follow these guidelines for any 01+ Internet-Drafts that you 
submit prior to the cutoff date.  However, we will not check for compliance with
the new boilerplate until we begin accepting submissions after the San Diego 
meeting.

The IETF Secretariat