Subject: Re: Proposal: PaceSyntaxGuidelines

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:25:38 +0200

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:27:42 +0200, Andreas Sewe  
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> since you are probably the one most concernd about the consistency of  
> Atom's syntax (or at least the one most active in this area), you're
> perhaps interested in a short list I've compiled a while ago,
> summarizing the different syntactic guidelines followed by various XML
> vocabularies.

Thanks, that was a good summary. In basic, I want Atom to follow the same  
guidlines as XSLT, because I find that a _very_ intuitive, consistent and  
beautiful language. I'm not against camelCase or PascalCase, but we should  
be consistent, not only with naming syntax, but also in what we use  
attributes and elements for.

> So, do whatever you like with this list, I just hope it's somewhat useful

It was somewhat useful, and very clarifying. Nice to have it black on  
white like that.

> At any rate, it's good work you Atom guys do.

You don't consider yourself an Atom guy? If so, why not?

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-        [email-masked]
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»